"street" riding dont get pissed, you have been war

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by DanBowhers, May 6, 2004.

1. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

THIS IS NOT A TRIALS VIDEO.

I havent posted any videos in awhile and decided to toss this one out there for anyone who has interests in aspects of biking that are only slightly related to trials.

NO THIS ISNT A TRIALS VIDEO.

I would appreciate any comments. I dont care if you think street on a MTB is stupid. I am far too tall to ride a BMX. My knees would hate me more than they already do. Nothing too crazy in here, but let me know what you think. Yes some of the footage was recycled (like 2 shots) but I wanted to make that audio transition when I did...

http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/mountainbike/hateme.wmv

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

getting the manuals down a bit better I see :bigthumb:

3. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

I really liked that, I used to be a street rider myself but then I sold my Orange and now I dont anymore. That movie makes me wish I didnt sell my Orange and makes me want to ride street.

good video, congrats,

-Paul

4. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

Hmm.. I like street on mtbs. Bmxers pulls more flashy moves and bigger moves. But mtb looks a little more smooth and I hate bmx bikes.

5. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

I dunno...I wish I could ride a bmx...I cant figure out how to bunnyhop them let alone do anything else. Double pegging a tiny ledge took me forever...Thanks for the comments

6. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Dan,
    Do you use a separate bike for trials only, or use the same one in the video?

7. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

I wish I could find one bike to use for both. However, when I tried to do that both styles of riding um sucked even more than they do now? I have a jackflash for street and a Zebdi for trials.

8. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

sweet man.. i wish i had a brake on my street bike. :( and i bent the spindle on my profiles now i cant crankflip :( but what ever sweet video dan i really liked it.

9. RobbieP

RobbieP OTN FOR A THOUSAND MORE YEARS I SAY

dan in all seriousness, I'm pretty impressed...

you've improved a ton and some of those things looked pretty damn hard. good job man

10. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

Thanks again for the very kind words. It is great to have a video that took very little time to make be so well appreciated.

11. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Damn, you've improved a lot since I last saw a street vid from you. I was so pleased to not see a single suicide no hander... I hated those in your old vid :rofl:. Anyhow, there were some nice moves in there, nice manual lines, and some good bunnyhop gaps.

12. Ryden

Ryden Guest

Nice vid, how does that jack flash feel in that trials line?

13. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

the "trials line" haha it felt fine. That is not however anything that I would really call trials, it was just a joke. The jackflash doesnt feel terrible on backwheel, better than some bikes I have ridden. It would make a pretty good hybrid for someone looking for a bike to do more than just ride competitions on.

14. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

BMX = pain. pain = fun.

dl'ing right now

15. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Definitly some pimp riding there.....makes me wish I still had my .243....until I think about it weighing 40lbs, LOL. I wish I could manual.....

16. Ryden

Ryden Guest

What fork have you got on that rig? My street bike has a trail fork thats due to break again any day...

17. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

dan: buy a BMX. seriously. it will make you 100000x better on that bike. It looks like you have stalls down pretty good, but you might wanna try practicing wall rides and grinds on a BMX. it will give you much more confidence on the 26". Oy yeah, GO FASTER!!! :rofl: you need to wreck harder, it's much more fun. From what i've sen before you have made some progress though so good job :bigthumb: But buy like a $300 BMX and just go try stuff. I promise you will be going bigger on the 26"

18. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

Dolphin,

Thanks for the comments, it has been something I have been thinking about, based on what you said I assume you have used BMX riding to mix in with your trials and street stuff?

The only reason I ride a mountain bike on street is cause I am so fucking huge. I know Berringer is my size, but I feel like a fucking clown riding a bmx. I am 6 5 and seriously can not bunnyhop it for the life of me...

In terms of your other comment, I have been dirt jumping more and its teaching me to really go charging at stuff and I agree the harder wrecks are more fun.

19. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Have you tried a berringer frame set up? I have the stricker frame as you know, but i still need cranks and a brake....lol....

20. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

No I havent tried the berringer frame set up...I just highly doubt any BMX will fit my exceedingly awkward body. Plus I reckon that set up would cost a bit more than 300 bucks