Observed Trials banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.
Been riding comp trials for about a year (and riding my Echo 26 comp bike at skateparks etc). Just picked up a Norco Moment for next to nothing for street & park fun and as a backup for when the echo breaks. Just got a question about cockpit geo.
The guy I bought it off was pretty short and it has a stubby stem and flat bars. I'm 6'2" and that setup is no good. What would be a good starting point for new bars & stem spec? I know "what feels right" is the correct answer but I'd like to minimize the trial & error a bit.
I generally like bars about 700mm wide.
Norco Wheelbase is 1040mm, zero bb rise, rigid fork, 835mm from ground to top of head tube and a quite short 21" tt.
Any input much appreciated.
Cheers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. A ride buddy gave me a trialtech 120 x 17° one. I've got some old monty 690 x 50 bars so will see how that combo goes in the short term. I suspect more rise will be on the cards though.
Cheers for the info & link. ☺

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can enjoy a good trip with this wake 45mm mountain bike stem. This mountain bike stem only weighs 130 grams and is easy to maneuver with a 31.8 handlebar and a 28.6 mm steerer diameter. This 6061 T6 Aluminum alloy bike stem is my fave. Such an alloy is known for its good formability and malleability. Everything about this bike stem is solid, snug, yet lightweight and versatile.

·
tda
1,501 Posts
90x35 stem and high rise bars are a good start. Almost the higher the better for street and never exceed 135 on a stem for street. These bars are great and lighter/cheaper than Arcade bars - Amazon.com : Answer ProTAPER 810 Handlebar 3" Rise 31.8 Black : Sports & Outdoors
got to say I bought that bar in 2018. Just replaced it, probably one of the worst bars ever- absolutely nothing to do with the arcade bar. The backsweep? or whatever they use to measure it is completely different. Arcade bars are incredible, those pro tapers mold your hands into a shape that should never exist. I replaced it with some new spank bars and they are way better, but still shit compared to the arcade bars..

Anyone know what good bars there are rn for replacement arcade bars? I was hunting for trialtech high rise but apparently dont exist anymore... the arcade is an incredible bar, i still run it on the hex... but need something for my mtb.

·
Super Moderator
200 Posts
Way different from an Arcade bar but Tarty sells them so maybe they're dece? A little on the narrow side compared to modern bars but whatever, theyre cheap so maybe worth a try. Comes in 20mm or 40mm rise. I picked up one of the 20mm rise versions from Jenson but haven't used it on anything yet. I'd hook you up but I am guessing you want the 40mm rise.

SRAM says the Hussefelt is 9 degrees back-sweep and 5 degrees up-sweep. Tarty says they measured it at 9 degrees back-sweep and 4 degrees up-sweep.

Trialtech high riser has 10 degrees back and 10 up.

Arcade bar has 9 degrees back and 4 up, same as the Hussefelt. But obviously not the same at all.

Bummer to see that after all these years its still impossible to get parts in the trials world unless you buy stuff as soon as its released. So many parts/frames/bikes that people want, but for some reason they apparently will never make again. Trialtech bars, cogs, tensioners... Czar 26es. Did Inspired even make any Hexes this year??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts