SRAM buys Avid

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by WhiteRavenKS, Jan 13, 2004.

1. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

SRAM just bought out avid... deal is going to be done jan 30th supposedly.... wonder if this is a good thing or not?

2. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

They have an attraction to companies based in colorado.

3. BrettM

BrettM New Member

I'm sorta stoked. I've been running the sram only drivetrain for aboots 2 years now. A lot of people are really starting to see the advantage it has especially for trials.

Although I hope Sram doesn't try to mess with Avid too much. They are sitting very high right now.

4. Elan

Elan steve french

we are all fuckered..!!! oh NOSSS!!!!!

5. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

if they are smart they will let Avid continue as they were. more money can't hurt though.

6. WhiteRavenKS

i think they had planned on letting avid stay fairly independant in terms of product development and stuff. i guess avid was outgrowing its owner's shell- they were having trouble keeping up with their growth for a bit. maybe now they will have the production resources they will need to continue growing and keep on rockin in the free world... wait that was a song nevermind.

7. Elan

Elan steve french

all i know, is that i hope tehy dont fucking tou8ch the customer service..... it is like buttah as it is.

8. WhiteRavenKS

i guess everything pretty much stays the same, just sram will act as a parent company and their name will be on the taxes at the end of the year... sram seems to be doing well (relatively speaking) with rock shox. they have turned a dump ass shite company with a horrible line of forks into a decent company with a shite line forks in a short period of time.

9. ben@slctrials.com

[email protected] New Member

Maybe now Sram would quit making their horrible brakes, which basically is just their stickers on the cheapest taiwanese made brakes out of a cataloge.

10. BiKe4EvEr9489

BiKe4EvEr9489 Guest

hrm, hopefully it's for the better. i haven't had too much experiance with sram, but have had some sweet ones with avid. maybe they'll give avid more funding for new ideas?