"speed race" trials bikes

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by AgrAde, Sep 26, 2004.

1. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

"speed race" trials bikes - and 'yaay'

the guy importing echo's here has ditched echo/zoo and decided to bring in a brand of frame called 'speed race'. sounds pretty sad as trials isn't speedy, nor is it a race. but what do you know/what have you heard/what do you think of these frames?

unfortunately i don't have any geometry/details.

http://www.biketrial.co.nz/_sgg/m1m1_1.htm

this is my thread so i'm allowed to go off topic - did a national comp this weekend and got 4th in expert. apparently i have insane style and lots of potential. after seeing how shit i was last year, everyone was pretty impressed. most people were saying "fuck man, you're #1 next year" and i got invited to do a huge ass demo at 'xtreme air' with free food/drink, i get paid, maybe accommodation, get to meet lots of international skaters/riders etc. people were saying i'll be elite for the UCI champs in 2006 but i dunno, that seems... fucking crazy, no way. i actually thought i was pretty shit until people told me otherwise :nuts:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2004
  2. digby

digby New Member

[​IMG]

that is alot of weld.

3. AgrAde

it is. i'm not sure if i like it - but nevertheless it's probably my next frame. that or a monty :rofl:

4. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

hopefully i will still be able to ride trials in 2 years time.. if so I will be in NZ for sure, even if just to see the worlds best. Who knows who will be on top then?? Some new super company that can beat Koxx??? mystery

5. Cole

Cole New Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA. That was nearly the funniest thing I've read in my entire life.

6. netto

netto New Member

wow that expert class must have been extremely hard:)
    coz i placed 4th in expert once, and i suck:)

7. ia

ia New Member

Very nice frame, looks like Koxx Vinco...

8. AgrAde

it wasn't overly hard, people were probably saying that stuff because in february i was a low-end sport rider and rode ugly as, etc.
    i was still going to enter sport :greddy:

noone knows geometry on these here things?

9. Elan

Elan steve french

its a 1115mm WB with a 90 mm bb rise.

10. sharpe

sharpe Guest

those frames look very promising and strong. super beefy and a very decent price, i don't see why you wouldn't be able to sell heaps of those:Sonic:
    quite a few melbourne riders are planning on heading over for the 2006 championships so it shall be good.

11. Elan

Elan steve french

[​IMG]

haha. that looks familiar.

12. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I'd probably ride the shit out of it...parts of BT, xtp, vinco all in one...

13. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

mmm... foot and a half long weld... tasty when done right!

looks pretty sweet if you ask me. another option to chose from out there- awesome.

14. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

That bike looks really good, I wonder what it rides like

15. trialscoach

trialscoach Member

Interesting mix of different design elements. FYI Vinco's bike had the most radical design we saw at worlds (stratospheric bb height, unusual tubeset). He has to use a mod stem and was unstoppable in the technical sections. Strangely, he could nail big sidehops but took 5's on 48" ups which I figured was the disadvantage of that design since Marc can easily up 4 feet. I doubt this speed race frame has a bb that tall though it does look very similar. Worlds in NZ should be crazy fun!

16. AgrAde

model:VIPER
    TOP TUBE:636MM
    SEAT TUBE:180MM
    HEAD TUBE:120MM
    HEAD ANGLE:71
    WHEEL BASE:1080MM
    READ CENTER:380MM
    MATERIAL:S6XX
    WEIGHT:<1900G

...great. i take it "read centre" is the chainstays? anyone want to do some maths and work out the bb height?

17. will4eva7k

will4eva7k TrialsDEN.com

there is supposedly anoter version of the frame, specs are as below

model:VIPER URBAN
    TOP TUBE:648MM
    SEAT TUBE:180MM
    HEAD TUBE:120MM
    HEAD ANGLE:71
    WHEEL BASE:1090MM
    READ CENTER:380MM
    MATERIAL:S6XX
    WEIGHT:2100G

increased weight and wheelbase :p

18. Peace

Peace pedocrab

that one with the huge weld, looks exactly like that bt 5.0 prototype with the lightning design on it! nothin wrong with that but its what popped into my head as soon as i saw it.
    other frames are just unnessicarily beefed up though....
    Peace

19. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing, looks spiffy.

20. besham

besham Guest

I wonder how much it will cost. Also it seems strange that the urban has a longer wheel base, its usually the opposite. Nice looking frame though. Anyone know where its made?