Some Pics From A Ride Last Night

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by hydroboy, Jun 3, 2004.

1. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

Please Post Critisim.

This is my first real go at using a camera and photo shop, didnt take many photos so they are almost all here. Anyway here are the pics:

Craig Pearce:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Harley Wu:

[​IMG]

Me: (Alex Pentony Vran)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

i think they're pretty good! i like the fact that you wrote your initials on the photos', in a place that doesn't affect the picture, yet it is noticeable. my friend takes pictures of me, then puts:
    www.nickbuchanan.com in the very center. can get VERY annoying (seeing as you can't see shit of what goes on in the picture, as the font is red and LARGE :greddy:

3. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Nice pictures, but you asked for criticism, so I'm going to post what few suggestions I have.

You can get closer to the action. Nice clear big faces in shots are good

Some of these would benefit from different crops, either tighter or looser

You should try and stray from having distracting objects in your pictures. I know this isn't always possible, I get stuff in my pictures all the time, but if you think about the scene before hand you'll have an advantage. Pictures 6 (the white sign) and Picture 7 ( the red post) were the first two to come to mind. I don't know what it would have been like shooting from the other side, but the side these pictures were taken from both had distracting objects in them.

Bill

4. nidoss

nidoss Guest

i think they are really nice, but on the other hand i dont know anything about taking nice pictures. I especially like the pictures where there is the rider before the sidehop/what have you and then the rider in mide air/landing. i think they look pretty cool

5. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

Yeah, that is the one thing i noticed myself. The frame positions arnt the best, i will have to work on them more, although it was hard taking photos of craig, he just rides around and you have to race around trying to get good pics. We are going for a ride again this arvo, i would like to get a good sequence of a huge tap from alexm. We will see how we go.

One question i have about cropping, is it possible to crop with the same ratio as the image already is? if you know what i mean. Thanks.

6. B1105

B1105 New Member

Nice pics, I like your BT.

7. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Ask elan about framing.

30 minutes of filming vincent hermance on SUPREME natural terrain.

minutes.

I have under 20 seconds of useable film.

8. B1105

B1105 New Member

So you have to keep stoping and starting your camera over every 20 seconds? that kinda blows (i think i misinterpreted it)

9. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure about previous versions of PS, but I know in PS CS you can choose a ratio after choosing the crop tool. It will come up near the top menu bar, just under file, edit, image, etc. If you have an older version of photoshop, it may be possible, and not show up like that by default. I would search the help file.

Bill

10. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

yeah ill have a look, i have photoshop 7. ill get cs when i can be botherd. thanks.

11. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Ehhh....no, he took 30 minutes of film. Video camera, you know? Of those 30 minutes, less than 20 seconds of the film is good enough for a video. Every shot is either the worst angle you could ever get, every shot has kevin in it, every shot is around 50 feet too far away...stuff like that. It's quite a feat to make 6 foot ups look bad, but he found a way to do it.

12. DMArnt

DMArnt Guest

Great work Hydro. :bigthumb:
    PS isn't the easiest thing to use at first. I like your shots. Nice and clear. If you want some ideas on camera angle's, depth of field, lighting etc, have a look at some skate or BMX mags. You can learn a bit by studying others who have been in the game a lot longer.

Just have to say this. You guys owned the Super12 this year and you guys own trials down under.

Filthy Australians. Filthy I say, just filthy. :D

:werd: