Some beginner practice vids

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by bonzai, Apr 6, 2004.

1. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

2. nidoss

nidoss Guest

i cant in any way suggest ways to get better, becuase im a beginner as well. I can say keep it up, its cool to see other people who are beginners. Its nice to know im not the only one on these forums still learning the basics.

3. doraemon

doraemon Guest

Hi hello,

i saw your video... about the pedal kick one...
    try to bend your arms when doing a kangroo(rear wheel hop) this can help you balance better...

cheers. :joshers:

4. fhfn2000

fhfn2000 Guest

right on.

the pro videos are cool, but it's good to see that i'm not the only one who's a beginner.

5. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

good job so far. as for suggestions i'd say this:
    1-on pedal kicks and rear wheel moves try and relax into it more, and predict your bikes motions (that way you don't find yourself looping out like you did in one video teehee)
    2-when going up stairs you can go at more of an angle, but also, to get better at surges:work on just going on flat ground, preparing, then letting go of your brakes and kicking a little with pedals. land on both wheels (don't go high, just go for distance), and repeat. work on this till you can do about one bike length. this helps MASSIVLY on many things (IE i can now just surge off of a drop (going from both wheels and giving one kick and landing both wheels), which looks pretty cool and is great for natty terrain. also, this will help on natural (where being able to surge around is important) etc.
    3-....not much else to say. you're doing great keep up the good work.

6. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

Hey guys,

Bonzai and I ride together, and I'm glad you guys enjoyed our beginners videos. :bigthumb:

Also thanks for the tips! :cool:

7. manimal

manimal New Member

I'm about on the same skill level, and I'm finding ankle movements are key for backwheel balance.. focus most of the knee movements down to the ankle, keeps you in one spot better..

8. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

See this is the cool thing about trials, no matter what level it's still fun to watch. On that 2nd one, I like the way you slid the rear to a kick pedal position without hopping first...even though you didn't land it well ;)

Keep it up! I can tell you're having fun from riding and that's the most important thing :D

9. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

I was never able to do that before. But now that I got my hydraulic brakes I can do that no problem. I love my new bike! :bigthumb:

10. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

that was a real funny fall in the 2nd one. It will be cool as hell to watch these videos when you are riding in the expert or higher classes. You will laugh your ass off at how lame you were. I do that about how I rode last week, well yesterday, hell today! The progress is the best and you are learning well it seems

11. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

Thanks for the tips :bigthumb: