Observed Trials banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a vid to show you newbe's a bit of the basics of riding the novice section at a trial bike competition

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW3NmcDonPk[/ame]

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Before I went in my first comp I spent hours looking through photos for bits of blue tape to get an idea of the lines. Wish i had this video back then!

·
Nam
354 Posts
nice vid bob & barney. that explains it all very well and should encourage some more people to try it out. we all had some good 5 pointers that day.

·
One Trick Pony
1,548 Posts
Before I went in my first comp I spent hours looking through photos for bits of blue tape to get an idea of the lines. Wish i had this video back then!
I kept asking people dumb questions and trying to find footage.
Nice video! Wish I had something like this to think about too.
But, read the rules too.
I had a great time at my first comp. Everyone there was reallllly helpful and answered any questions I had, and also got some good advice after the comp.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
It would be awesome if someone(s) could do vids like this for sport, expert, and pro lines. I am leaving for my first comp in about an hour and this helped calm my nerves. I'll try to get some footage this weekend.

·
There when you need pain relief
60 Posts
Wow after watching this I am looking for some comps in Northern Cal, I dont feel as intimidated after seeing the vid
hahaha, for advertising just remember that trials comps need you more than you need them! So just go and have a crack and dont think or worry about what anyone else is saying about your riding, unless its good advice!

·
Yarr!
689 Posts
I've been to 3 and I don't ever remember seeing a snobby dick or anything. Everybody was once a noob and is all about helping you out and giving you pointers. If anybody gives you any lip you just give them Robin's patented, "Go Fuck Yourself."

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I've been to 3 and I don't ever remember seeing a snobby dick or anything. Everybody was once a noob and is all about helping you out and giving you pointers. If anybody gives you any lip you just give them Robin's patented, "Go Fuck Yourself."
Nice! I have a chance to enter a competition!

·
draquella is back!
4,178 Posts
at what level do you need to gap (pedal kicks and such) to clean a course? i can barely gap but i could tear the course in the video up, so im not sure what level i am.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess its not until the elite lines that you need alot of rear wheel skills
but for me anyway, I find even the easy shit that I can easily do in my back yard becomes a lot harder when you add some pieces of tape and have to do it first time with no practice shots
So I reckon try the sports line If you find it too easy you can move up next comp and at least you'll look cool:coold:
I'll try and make a sports vid next comp

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
It also depends on the course. If it's a man made course, gapping might be included (no more than wheelbase) for sport level, but in a natural course it's unlikely that you would really NEED to gap for anyhting other than Elite and pro.

·
Old Man, Poser, Newbie, "Huba Huba"
4,052 Posts
I guess its not until the elite lines that you need alot of rear wheel skills
but for me anyway, I find even the easy shit that I can easily do in my back yard becomes a lot harder when you add some pieces of tape and have to do it first time with no practice shots
So I reckon try the sports line If you find it too easy you can move up next comp and at least you'll look cool:coold:
I'll try and make a sports vid next comp

That is absolutely correct. The difficulty level goes way up when you ride between the ribbons. My goal is ride sportsman well. There may be some small gaps, but the set up's and the strategy on natty is the challenge. Also, understanding how to maximize your dabs is key.

It's so much fun, I can't wait for Durango.

·
My body is ready.
5,469 Posts
I need a full body spandex suit, then I will be ready for comp. Beginner here I come!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts