So. Cal high desert group ride anyone?

Discussion in 'West Coast, USA' started by Trialsking, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Trialsking

Trialsking Retired from Trials

I am off this month and the high desert is finally cool enough to ride now. I have an awesome spot to ride, just north of Victorville in Apple Valley with TONS of rocks. By far one of the best places to ride that I have seen in So. Cal. I am open to anytime time this month other than Thanksgiving and the 21st(Fontana). It is about 1 hour north of Fontana, probably about 1:15 from Pasadena/Temple City, Ventura 1:45+, LA area under 2 hours, but well worth the ride. It is located at a BMX/Horse riding area right off where Highway 18 and Bear Valley Rd. meet in Apply Valley. If you you are interested in group ride reply or email me at:

[email protected]

Pete

2. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx Guest

Thanks for thinking of me, Pete. ;) Yeah, it'll be a 2 hour drive, likely. Not sure to go south to the big freeways or north through Lancaster and Pearblossom Highway.

I'll have to get in touch with Gino and see if he'd be interested in this. He was the other guy in sport stock at Kernville on the Capriolo. He's in Thousand Oaks, just south of me.

Maybe a day next weekend? The 13/14th?

3. Trialsking

My advice would be to stay north of the San Gabriels, and go through Palmdale. All are welcome, I will have to talk to Zak, he might be down. You can even invite those Oaji kids.

4. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

I would like to make it..maybe if my friend could go he could bring his or my bmx and ride at the whatever to keep busy..

I think Ill be in LA/san diego on maybe the friday/saturday before fontana.

5. Trialsking

Nick,

Let me know. Its a great place to ride. Basically think Keyesville, but in the desert.

6. Trialsking

i talked to Zak, and he said he can probably go this Sun, 11/14. Not sure about time yet.

So Ian and anyone else interested in riding some awesome rocks, either post or e-mail me for specific directions.

Pete

7. hophopsnap

well I'm not going to fontana and I'm bringing the bmx bike to san diego so I think ill pass on this one. I dont think I could gap 5000 feet either so I would just slow you guys down ;)

8. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx Guest

I'd love to go Pete, but gotta stick around local this weekend. The other guy in the office is out of town this weekend. Want to have one of us local as our systems at work have been acting up recently.

9. Trialsking

One more time!!!

Ok,

I will try again. Anyone interested in a High Desert Ride this weekend, 12/11 or 12/12. I should have my new disc brake , tires and pads all ready for this weekend.

Pete

10. dingus

dingus Member

You suck.
    So I guess you like your spot, no. Too bad its 18 gazillion hours away, Id like to see it.
    punk

11. Trialsking

Ryan,

Why is it that in person you a very articulate individual, but online line all your posts begin with "you suck"?!?!?

Anyhow, get a car and then drive your butt up to my spot. Maybe you can convince Jhub to pick you up as his parents live about 40 mins from the ride.

Pete

12. hophopsnap

Im coming to santa monica this sunday but no time for riding :greddy:

:suicide:

13. Trialsking

Once again

Zak said he is coming to the high desert tomorrow 12/19 to ride, so its on. If anyone can make it give me a call

909-553-5685

Pete