Snta Barbara/Ventura

Discussion in 'West Coast, USA' started by Turtlehead, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Turtlehead

Turtlehead Guest

Alright... I just scored a new bike... it's on it's way... and trying to see how many guys are still in Ventura and riding and in Ojai? Also, anyone in Santa Barbara besides me? Basically, as soon as this bike comes in, I'm gonna start riding once again... and need someone to push me..

2. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx Guest

I'm still around in Ventura. And the two Ty's are still in Ojai. I'm also getting going again after an extended break.

I did ride with a guy, Jeff Thompson, up in Santa Barbara. He did the Keyesville comp, and then we rode with him at Rocky Nook. He's beginner level, but seemed to have some interest in riding more. Not sure if he was sticking around at UCSB or heading back home to Illinois. I'll try to dig up his contact info.

I'm nearly always interested in riding the rocks at the State Beach just north of Ventura, near Emma Wood Campground. Over one mile of rocks to play on. Heck, I'm still not tired of Rocky Nook in SB either. Haven't been up there for a few months.

3. Trialsking

Trialsking Retired from Trials

Oh....my....god.....Look out cuz Turtlehead Tim is back!

Good to hear, because that primered Monty was looking amighty scary. I dont think the wife will let me go all the way up to Santa Barbara just for a ride, BUT........
    if you ever come down south I am always up for a ride.

Pete

4. digby

digby New Member

turtlehead tim, the only guy I know that would take a dump on the rock I was about to ride, and then wipe off with the sheepskin he had superglued to his seat.

good to have you back.

5. jobottDMB

jobottDMB New Member

When I visit the parents Ill be down for a ride anytime assuming I can get there or you can get where Im at.

6. Turtlehead

Turtlehead Guest

Yes... it's good to be back... but then again... I'm not back yet... still waiting for my bike... lol, I forgot that the trials world takes soooo long when you order a bike til it gets delivered... it's not like buying a car where you take the car home and they charge you down the road, you pay, then eventually you see what you paid for...

7. PedalMulishaSR

PedalMulishaSR Guest

Tim, are you going to have your bike by Kernville? 10/23 and 10/24. I know you said you were going.

8. Turtlehead

Turtlehead Guest

I said I was going to, then I found out I had to work Sunday, then I found out I might not have to... soo... I really really want to... and will make mad effort to be there... pimp my ride and all...
    Serious, I want to hit it up, it's been too long, and we can all toss back a few long necks the nights before...

9. Rodmunch

Rodmunch Trials Noob

I live in Santa Barbara...Goleta actually. I ride at UCSB a couple days a week and I'm re-learning since I haven't ridden much for a couple years. Let me know if you want to ride! =] My name is Rod.

[email protected]

10. Rodmunch

Rodmunch Trials Noob

LOL if that's you in your avatar, I dunno if I want to ride with you! =P

Would you be free this weekend? (Apr 2-3)

11. digby

digby New Member

That is him in the picture and he really is that ghetto.

12. Turtlehead

Turtlehead Guest

ey... there's nothing wrong with ghetto...

13. Trialsking

Trialsking Retired from Trials

Tim, you are my hero........

14. Turtlehead

Turtlehead Guest

lol, I love being a hero...