snapped my fork need a new one

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by skibumintrialsfreak, Apr 4, 2004.

1. so my fork totally snapped in half, that's what I $50 no name fork sitting around full cycle, I NEED a new fork badly any suggestions, I weigh about 160 lbs. and I am riding a woodman T-pro.

2. ty

ty Guest

ive got a ZOO! stock fork, its the most flexy pile o tubes ever but ive never heard of one failing

3. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

dolphin's failed.......but that was with a lot of riding under it. If you don't do a lot of front wheel crap, get a GT chromo fork. About same geo as a Koxx with a $5 price tag. Mine lasted me two months with a lot of front wheel abuse. If you are light on the front you should get a bout 6 months out of the beast.

4. Elan

Elan steve french

dolphin's zoo fork was ridden by him and andrew..it is amazing how long it lasted... right now, andrew, dolphin, elan..and probably others are running the zoo.... its flexy, but its LIGHT and seems pretty durable.

5. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

I am having lots of luck with the Surly 1x1 disc fork

6. I am recently starting to get into doing a lot more front wheel stuff so I need one that can stand a beating and last for a while any other suggestions besides zoo or is that my best bet?

7. cck

cck Member

i would recomend the brisa fork.

i've heard of alot of them breaking , but i'm 130 lbs and pretty much only do front wheel stuff and its held up great for a while

8. what is everyone's opinion on the knifen??

9. [BMF]Andy

[BMF]Andy New Member

The Knifen Light is good if you don't mind a little added weight for extra durability. The regular Knifen weighs a ton but should never break. I am running the Knifen Light right now so that I can tap and hook stuff without worry(hopefully).

10. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

I love the knifen fork.....I have some extremely sloppy gaps to front wheel and the knifen has been holding up really well.

11. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

I just got myself a knifen light as well, it's nice and short, plenty stiff (great confidence booster for taps and hooks etc) and the gloss white is kind of growing on me...

- Joel