Observed Trials banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find a Single Speed Freewheel that has more than 22 teeth. Currently running a White Industries 22T with 72 engagement points and need a little higher gearing. Larger front is not an option due to dimensional constraints.

I have two rear wheels...a "thread on" attachment and a "splined" attachment so either or both designs would work but I'd like to use the threaded attachment.

More than 72 engagement points would be great but the minimum number that works for me is 72. 24 teeth would be perfect but 23 would be better than what I have now.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
smaller? for a higher gear (tougher ratio to pedal) you need a larger Front or smaller Rear sprocket. a larger rear would equivalate to a smaller front... and as far as I know 22t is the most available on a "trials" type screw on freewheel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and you are correct on the effect of bigger vs smaller.

I meant higher numerical number...I can't go any smaller on the front so I need to go bigger on the back. Right now I am running a 22T White Industries Trials freewheel and it is absolutely great. I just need a little more gear.

I am looking for a freewheel with more than 22 teeth that has at least a 72 engagement point freewheel unit. White Industries offers a 23 but it only has 36 engagement points.

Anybody else know of a freewheel I can use...or a way to get what I am after?

Thanks for any and all responses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts