Single Digit-7 vees

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Shorty2020, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Shorty2020

Shorty2020 Guest

ok so im buying a rear setup from a friend and my current rear brake is a SD-7 ans the front is a peice of shit generic. Well if i buy this other SD-7 rear from my friend it will be a very good and cheap deal but ui was wandering if i could put a rear SD-7 on the fron unless there is something wrong with the way they are built?

2. Ebon Dragon

Ebon Dragon New Member

Yes I'm pretty sure...

3. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Yeah, that's how it works, so it will be fine. The one thing you'll have to switch are the pads, especially if you're running cartridge pads. The cartridges have to slide out towards the back of the bike. If you're using solid pads, it's not a problem. Having the shorter end of the pad point forwards is how they are most of the time though.

4. hello?

hello? Guest

sorry to bring up an old post but its the closest to what i am talking about. what would be the best of the avid series. the avid sd ultimate??? also thinking of a brake booster too. what kind of booster would be good?

5. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

the avid ultimates are "teh shiztn", but the sd 7 are good enough.
    I would get the sd7 unless you are a pimp and have enough money.
    Brake Booster are a must have, get the echo treshold/control booster

[​IMG]

6. hello?

hello? Guest

Anyone know how much they are for the sd 7 or the ultimates?? CAD

7. rider ns

rider ns New Member

sd 7's are 79$ canadien and the avid ultimates are about double that. For one set of 2 calipers I think

8. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

ultimates, at least, come as single calipers only, the levers come as a double set. Don't fuck with me.

- Joel

9. MontyBurns

MontyBurns Guest

www.bikeroom.ca have them for the lowest prices in the country. If you have patience and a credit card then pricepoint could do the trick for a little less (consediring the shipping and all).