Observed Trials banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Scorekeeper.
1,616 Posts
Nice. Let's see some footage of you putting lines together.

BTW the mod is probably better for you than the stock.

·
no good
112 Posts
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but why did you buy silver sky if are just beggining to ride trials? I know it's awsum bike and all, just it's light comp bike that could snap really fast if abused and that would be a shame. :dunno:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Judging by how his house has looked like in his videos, and that he's from singapore, I'd say his parents are pretty fucking rich so cost isnt much of an issue with him. In truth, asians have a tendency to go all out when buying anything related to the activity they are doing. I'm asian as well and am a pretty mediocre rider, but have I9 hubs and a slate frame. I recall someone on this forum talking about his visit to japan, where every rider from beginner to pro all had pro level bikes. This is generalizing quite a bit, but i find it true in most cases....me and another asian coworker talked about this for a bit a few years back...

·
Mitch.
5,484 Posts
Judging by how his house has looked like in his videos, and that he's from singapore, I'd say his parents are pretty fucking rich so cost isnt much of an issue with him. In truth, asians have a tendency to go all out when buying anything related to the activity they are doing. I'm asian as well and am a pretty mediocre rider, but have I9 hubs and a slate frame. I recall someone on this forum talking about his visit to japan, where every rider from beginner to pro all had pro level bikes. This is generalizing quite a bit, but i find it true in most cases....me and another asian coworker talked about this for a bit a few years back...
I'll take it that this is a bit of a generalisation...

But from what I've seen over the years (removing ethnicity from the equation) having a better bike will make you better, quicker.

·
Easy, just don't lead them as much
1,799 Posts
True story, Chris Hii has a totally blinged out rice cooker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts