sidehop technique

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by BiKe4EvEr, Feb 29, 2004.

1. BiKe4EvEr

BiKe4EvEr Guest

Not really small to me because im just learning, but to you guys my sidehops are :ugh2: i was wondering if anybody wants to post an uber slow mo vid of a sidehop. whenever i do them (on mod) it seems my front end gets too high to hook it (bike is to vertical). i think i must be doing something wrong, so i thought why not ask the experts on this forum. thanks for any feedback you have. heres what im doing so far:
    -pedal kick to rear wheel about 1/2 bike length
    -do what i call preloading
    -jump up
    -hook front wheel on object
    -swing back end over
    -ride away almost in control :ugh2:

i've got the front hooking part correct right? looking at huge sidehops that is what everbody does (graham especially)
    but yea thanks for the help!

2. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

I posted in that other sidehop post, but wait till I get this footage of Riki Murata from Japan when we were in Qld.. fucking amazing. It should help, it helped me a bit :)

3. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I need sidehop advice as well. I can't do anything static decent excep for bunnyhop like 8-12 inches and get up something from a hook/bash.

I guess it's a technique thing cause going sideways(unless pivoting) doesn't work out too well for me, LOL. Well, I lied, I can sidehop like 3 inches to the right....yeah...maybe I should start practicing those, LOL!

4. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Yeah me too...I suck...I mean it's half way sidehop but as soon as I land, I was either up too high or out of control & bouncing off the ground.

Where's this video :eek3:

5. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

hahaha, you should download the video of Benito doing the "sidehop over a bar" world record. That is a HUGE side hop. Something like 135mm over a bar. :eek:

You have the technique down right I would just say practice sidehopping to rear and front as well as to both tires. This will give your body a better feel of where it needs to be for a big sidehop to both tires.

6. Hardline

Hardline Member

135mm? :ugh: That is like 5 1/4 inches. Do you mean 135 cm? :bigthumb:

7. Tanner

Tanner New Member

yeah, it was 152CM

8. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

a guy was jumping 155cm (close enough) at highjump thingee today and i thought about that, a bar that height is fucking impressive when you're standing next to it and thinking someone actually can sidehop clean over it...

i wanted to go get my bike just to sit in rear wheel next to it to see what it looked like from that position, how gay am i :rofl:

9. valiumlaw

valiumlaw Guest

10. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

yeah, sorry about that one.....all my stupid engineering homework is in mm.....I get all screwy sometimes..... :ugh2: