Shimano XT Front Disc Hub M756

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by austintrials, Apr 13, 2004.

1. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

I know they are not the Chris King nor the top of the line hub but have you heard or seen another trials rider use this hub for front disc wheel?
    This will thebe first time using the front disc.The disc setup will be
    Avid Mechanical Disc Brake.

:eek3: ok don't tell me they suck and go with another type costing $1000.00
    :down:

2. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Personally, I don't think the front really matters all that much. If you were asking about the rear, I would definitely say King, but it's the front so.....

3. Elan

Elan steve french

i rode one for a bit. they are fine. i have it still if you want it. $15. black front XT disc hub, 36h.

only reason i switched is because i wanted to leanr how to build a new wheel and i work in a bike shop, so my new hub was almost free

4. Paul

Paul Guest

If it`s a Shimano i belive it`s an open bearing one,the cones and balls thingy ... and I wouldn`t advice you to get that,too much hassle... get anything that runs on sealed bearings,you`ll be happy you did .

5. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

Im using a front XT hub for my Avid setup, aka, Id do it, why do I know Id do it, because I did it. :p

6. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

Hell i knew that i should have gone here FIRST. I have already ordered it and was thinking after wards (head up ass) that i should look for some inout since i have not ran this type be before and I just paid 45.00 for the damn thing.....Elan thank you for the offer but dum-bass Me I done did it,
    and you guys for the in put it puts my mind at ease :joshers:

7. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

hey dood hows the ankle? riding yet.
    man that sucks to have a part of the body that doesn't wanna play anymore, unlike bike parts, you replace and play again,

8. Shipley

Shipley ..........

I've seen a few XT front disc hubs come loose a lot under hard braking. Trials doesn't put much of a drawn out braking force on the hub so you shouldn't have to check it too much. Keep an eye on it though, it will work loose.

9. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

I have one, its fine, dont worry

10. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Doubles as boat anchor but very sturdy.

11. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

HA HA HA HA
    i was afraid of that . :?

12. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

The XT will be fine. I bought a front King... well, because I was impulse buying and said fuckit. So I have one. Don't need it, but have it anyway :D

13. Elan

Elan steve french

i have a WTB laserdisc for the same reason... it weighs as much as my middle finger and rolls the smoothest..but not for long

14. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

I just got an XT disc and the thing is great. It came loose a little on a ride and all I had to do was take the wheel off my bike and tighten it with my hands. Other than that, it has been fine......Well, lets see if I sing that toon a few months in.....

15. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

I run one with no problems. Like Pat said its fine as a front disc hub.. the disc bolts on and it can spin. hoorah

16. rider

rider New Member

If u can tighten it w your hand something is not right...

17. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

I have strong hands....grrrrrrrr