Observed Trials banner
1881 - 1900 of 1929 Posts
G

·
Anyone in Seattle looking for a trials bike?

I need to get rid of my Simtra, its just taking up space, and local sale would be preferable.

Hope Pro 2 trials hub in the rear (the disc mounts on the hub are destroyed so you won't be able to make use of the disc brake mounts on the frame unless you get a new hub)

Middleburns cranks with TNN half bash

Magura Louise in the front, 2006 HS33 in the back with Fresh Products lever blade

Trialtech riser bar

Lots of beausage but everything is structurally sound except those disc mounts on the rear hub

Can post pics and more details if there is any interest, or you can just come check it out. Thinking $400.
This has been sold.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re-design of Collonade Park

I've been lurking here for a while, but I thought I would pass along some information that I recently stumbled upon regarding a re-design of the Colonnade.

Scroll to the bottom of Evergreens page (see the pdf for a break down of proposed changes):
https://www.evergreenmtb.org/trails/i-5-colonnade

The Eastlake Community plans:
http://eastlakeseattle.org/?page=colonnade

Overall, it looks like there are some much needed improvements coming to parts of the park, including tearing down defunct structures, relocating the pump track and building intermediate dj's. In regards to the trials area, it looks like there are no plans to change anything.

If anyone has had any ideas for improvements or changes to the trials area, this might be a good time to coordinate with other groups during the re-design phase. Personally, I would really like to see the trials area moved out of the moon dust and up on the hill to the north. It looks like they plan to create some skate park features in that area so it might be feasible to piggy back on that project, or it at least establishes a precedent for building in that park of the park. The current area is kind of cramped and has an uneven surface which means you need to be a pretty decent rider to start enjoying the features. In general I think the vision of this re-design is to make the collonade more inviting to beginner-intermediate riders and create progression between features, something the trials area should also enjoy.

I plan on doing some digging for Evergreen on the MTB features. I am also very open to working with some more experienced trials riders to see what kind of improvements or changes might be possible in the trials area. However, I simply do not have the knowledge or expertise to take on such a task, if we had a small group of folks interested in looking at options I would be happy to help with planning and opening up some communication. If there is already a group working on this, then please send me their way.

Anyway, just tossing it out there. Maybe folks are happy with the status quo (and thanks to all who worked on the current features) so maybe we just leave it, but I think we all know that places like Port Moody look pretty damn sweet.

-Blair

·
Egor
27 Posts
Hey guys! I have just moved to Washington, and I am looking for trial riders here. I am currently settled in Bellevue.
My phone number is 971 29 five 0 five 2 zero. If there are some upcoming rides I would be more than happy to join.
The weather is just amazing so we shouldn't waste time! :)

·
NWTrials.com
598 Posts
Seattle rides

Not to many of us around. Just let us know when you want to ride. I work in Seattle, but live in Cle Elum so it takes a little planning if I ride Seattle area. Evening mon- Thurs, after 6pm or Weekend days work to.

Hey guys! I have just moved to Washington, and I am looking for trial riders here. I am currently settled in Bellevue.
My phone number is 971.925.0520. If there are some upcoming rides I would be more than happy to join.
The weather is just amazing so we shouldn't waste time! :)

·
Easy, just don't lead them as much
1,799 Posts
Do you work in Bellevue as well? Thurs is out for me. Hoping to get out a little tonight. Maybe Sat early afternoon in a central location somewhere.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm going to try to be in Renton with a bike this weekend, so if you guys pull something together let me know and I'll try to make it.

·
1,799 Posts
Sun is out, other plans on Sat didn't come through so lets make it happen. We could do central like Freeway park, wallingford or campus or we could go down to Tacoma if its nice, easy for Tannner to swing there from Renton and Egor too I would assume, what does everyone else think?

·
Egor
27 Posts
Let's do Freeway park. The only thing is that I have some unexpected stuff came out, and I will have to drive to Portland later. So let's do 10 or 11 am if that works?

·
1,799 Posts
Sounds good, I'll shoot you a message in a little and we'll just aim for that time frame.

1881 - 1900 of 1929 Posts