San francisco, surrounding area RIDE

Discussion in 'West Coast, USA' started by AndyT, Jun 22, 2004.

1. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I should be there around the first of july for a week or so...80% chance I'm bringing my bike- I would love to ride san fran!

edit: I am staying in orinda

2. onto1wheel

onto1wheel Member

i dunno where to ride in sf, but if you wanna head south 1-1/2 hours, lots o' good riding in santa cruz I can show you
    Doug

3. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

hmmm, i do hear that santa cruz has some real good spots. I guess that is all urban though? I'd be down for a natural ride...definately Half Moon Bay if that's what people want to ride. There are literally miles of rocks that go on forever, there is no pavement/sand in between them either, just rocks rocks rocks for a long time.
    What dates are good for people? It's summer for me so anything will work (except for july 16, derr)

4. onto1wheel

onto1wheel Member

santa cruz definetly has lots of natural, too. But halfmoonbay looks really good too (all natty there?). I wouldn't mind taking a trip there one o these days.
    I'm still a working stiff, so eve's and wknds always work best for me.
    doug

5. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I really don't know if going to SC is possible (I've been there before, was going to be a banana slug if I didn't get into college in colorado...). I won't be in the state for long, so the closer the better. I don't know what kind of access to a car I will have.

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I'll be there from July 1st to July 10th (i think).

7. Elan

Elan steve french

where is paulsf when you need him? in the cuts

8. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

yes, i've been in the cuts making money so i can afford to come back to the co for the durango event. andrew, just pm me when your're in town and we'll hit up some sick rocks in city limits.

9. onto1wheel

onto1wheel Member

PM? what's up wit dat? The rest of us suck too bad to ride with you guys?

10. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

not at all. I'm always down to ride with people of any level. when I know of a group ride, i try to let everyone in the imediate area in on it. by the way, where do you live onto1wheel?

11. onto1wheel

onto1wheel Member

heya Paul, I know you're a cool dude, and I appreciate your sf group rides (even though I haven't been able to get to one), and the sf comp you hosted a month or so ago (thanks again!). So i was sure hoping you'd post this ride, but... it kinda sounded like maybe not.
    Anyway, i'm in santa cruz/scotts valley.
    I hope i get a chance to ride with you guys in sf some day. seems like such an awesome place to ride!
    If you find yourself toward santa cruz, i'd be happy to show you some great spots (if you don't already know them)
    doug

12. onto1wheel

onto1wheel Member

speaking of santa cruz, i'm thinking of hitting up ucsc wed eve.
    anybody else want to join? there's urban and natural there.
    just lemme know.

13. digby

digby New Member

paul, this is alex, the guy your always trying to buy shit off of or sell shit to, i'm visiting for the summer and can finally make it to one of your tuesday(forgot which day, just remember its a weekday) rides. Are you guys gonna ride this thurs or fri? I'm going out of town for the 4th but would like to go on a group ride before I leave.

Alex

14. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

hey alex, I'll be in pacifica till the 5th, working at my friends bike shop. hit me up when you get back, i wanna see you bust out on your coust. Andrew, ontonewheel, are you guys down for riding mid week?

15. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

When and where? I might be able to make it....

16. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I'm going to be there july 10th through the 18th, any time in that week (12th-15th or so) will be great...i'll be riding in orinda every day if anyone wants to come there.

17. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

I'd come out to orinda. is there much to ride around there? if you dont have access to a car you can take the BART train to north berkeley for some street on campus or to the embarcadero station in sf for more street and some sweet rocks if you're willing to ride a bit.
    I'd be psyched to ride in santa cruz, theres lots of good stuff there.I just need to get my car drama sorted out(no insurance, leaking trans fluid).

Andreas, would you be into riding on tuesday or wedsday?

18. digby

digby New Member

Does no one have a car? I can fit maybe 3 bikes in my g-ride. Someones gotta take their wheels off though. I'm down to ride wednesday.

paul I thought your car blew up or something?

pmd you my number

19. onto1wheel

onto1wheel Member

i'm oughta work thru the 9th, maybe longer, so my schedule's pretty open til then.

doug

20. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

Paul- Yeah i would definately ride tues/wednesday. What times are we looking at and where? UCSC?