San Francisco Ride, 7/?

Discussion in 'West Coast, USA' started by Andreas, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

Ok, seems like the other thread is totally trashed. Let's ride in San Fran, I'm thinking early next week (Tuesday?). We should meet at Market and Embarcadero again, that was easy to find. I'll be itching to ride because I will have my XTP and should be semi used to it by then.
    So what dates work for you guys?

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Your XTP is very pretty :bigthumb: have fun and treat her nice ;)

3. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

I'll be there on tuesday. looking forward to checking out the xtp mod. I want to get that gap to front dialed on those rocks.

4. Elan

Elan steve french

do i sense 3 xtps on one group ride ?whoa man.

if andrew is even bringing he bike

5. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

Tuesday....2 o clock....Embarcadero and Market street. Sound like a plan to everybody?

6. digby

digby New Member

2 sounds good, are we gonna ride the city or go find some rocks? Some place without 30 mph gusts would be good.

Paul - I'm bringing my wetsuit just in case.

3 xtps and a cous. thats like $8000 worth of bike.

7. AndyT

AndyT New Member

As it stands right now (1:30 am friday morning, i get in at 11 pm)- I'm pretty burnt out on the bicycle; not sure if I want to handle the hassle of traveling with it. I haven't seen my nieces in over a year, nor have I been out to cali since 2002 (I used to go 2-3x a year) so I think my bike is going to sit this one out. If anyone wants to hang out or whatever (i'll def. be hitting up amoeba and rasputin in berkeley) PM me. I'll do some foot trials or something ;)

8. Elan

Elan steve french

i wonder if anybody at the rasputin is keen on austrians?

9. onto1wheel

onto1wheel Member

i should be able to make it this time.

is there good parking there for my really big ass truck?

10. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

the street.... :dunno:
    xtp arrived today: fucking SICK. stealth silver/black. gimme a call ( 650 814 0024 ) if any of you want to ride before tuesday, i'm anxious to ride with others.

11. digby

digby New Member

good luck finding parking, I was lucky last tuesday and someone just left exactly at the spot we were riding + they were nice enough to leave me with 40 minutes in the meter.

Aside from that, driving around that area is a madhouse, parking is 12 minutes for a quarter and I didnt see too many big suvs/trucks parked, just little cars.

12. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

alright, this thing is happening right? just give a post saying yay or nay if you are not going to be there (2 00 pm, at embarcadero and market street, we will be playing around on some ledges over in a sitting kind of area). i may be a few minutes late, i think i will be taking the train down there again unless i can manage to hook up some sort of ride (either way, i'll be there).

yay

13. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

I'll be there. been looking foward to it all week.

14. digby

digby New Member

I'll be there, though i'll probably only ride for an hour or 2.

paul, andreas - went riding with phil on sunday, my suspension's so stiff, that it managed to bend the shit out of the trialer hitch holding the rack, so at the end of the day, it was pretty much scraping the ground, so I cant drive anyone around tomorrow.

also paul, is there anywhere near that area to park that doesnt have a meter on it?

15. onto1wheel

onto1wheel Member

I'll be there.
    i've got room for many more in the truck if anyone wants to try to hook up.
    (call me or send a pm)
    and yeah, i'd be interested to hear more about where the good parking is too (thanks for the earlier info, digby)

16. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

Parking is pretty shady in that area. we could just meet up there and head out to somewere else, like golden gate park or the stick hop spot.

17. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

long as it's not insanely windy....i'd be down for some more urban today as well, but rocks are always fun

i will be a few minutes late, the train i am catching will arive at 2 03, so i should be there 2 10 - 2 15 ish cya guys there

18. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I was in the city todya, just got back...was up by 3rd/howard street at sfMOMA and the surrounding area- hope you had a good time, I saw some sweet shit to ride on but I bet you would get kicked off in a second.

19. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

SF isn't too bad, most people just busted out their video camera's and started taking photo's/videos of us. when we did a movve they clapped ;)

i was at 4th and king for a bit....to bad you didn't bring yous bike

20. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I'm having a great time nonetheless, brother just put down $500 for dinner and wine at "b a c a r", it was nuts- glad you guys didn't get hassled. anyone interested in spending many hours at record stores in berkeley in the next few days?