Ryan Leech and Kris Holm 2004 Toronto Demo

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by oicdn, Mar 9, 2004.

1. oicdn

oicdn Look at my member...

Here it is, the complete trials demo from the 2004 Toronto bike show. Ryan Leech and Kris Holm put an a spectacular display. Check it. Some cool DJ Shadow mix in the background at the beginning and end...tight beats. Uni stuff is faggy, but damn...that dude has some skills.

Right click save as...
    http://www.neonwheels.com/alwaysmad/2004demo.mov

LOL, at the end...I guess Ryan threw his Manifesto out the window with his last move....did like 6 correction hops on his rear before that HUGE gap....he's sick...

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

saw this on bt.com..

:barf: :barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

3. oicdn

The music WAS what kept me going for alot of parts...nothing really exiting, but some of the moves were pretty clean....the crowd was like dead. And the UNI guy was like :ugh: he's nasty, LOL! Nice balance though...

4. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

Why the gay quicktime format? Now I have to use the crappy quicktime player. How do I play full screen with that bad piece of software? alt-enter doesn't seem to work.

5. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Unless you pay for Quicktime pro you got no fullscreen option. lame. Oh well.. Kris Holm and Quicktime deserve each other. :joshers:

6. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

Yes. That uni trials stuff i really gay. Looks like he's doing some kind of village people dance when he's balancing. They should have that music in the background just when he throws his hands in the air. It's fun to stay stay at the y(hands in the air)mca...
    Shit..

7. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Got more product than Ron Popeil Staff Member

control+3

8. oicdn

Or....get Mplayer. I can view WMV, MOV, MPG, EVERY FORMAT OF AUDIO AND VIDEO with just one player.....audio, video...everything...really puts everything else to shame.....make it whatever size screen I want it to be too......screw windows and Mac....use Linux and you get bennies like these, LOL!

9. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

yea a cross post from bt.com but in any case it's alright. they pulled some sick stuff so props to them. i would have liked to see a slightly different style though but that's just me (im not into bunnyhops up things etc. pedal ups to rear are where it's at. wedges are cool etc.)

10. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Leech does bunnyhops for demos as its more universal for people who have no idea what trials really is I'd assume. He pedal ups just fine if he wants to.

He also has been doing wedges way before they were ever thought to be cool by anyone in north america.

Don't judge solely from what makes a video. I don't really think you were, but just to clear that up.

11. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

yeah sorry i was definately generalizing there. i have no doubts in ryan's abilities, and i can understand the marketing etc with the stock bike and bunnyhops etc.

12. silus2000

silus2000 New Member

Seemed to me like the crowd didnt really give two shites about Kris Holms. Not that it was at all visually appealing...at least to me.

13. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

Leech's gap from the rail to the downsloping balance beam was incredible, as was his big gap at the end, that dude is super smooth...

not so sure about Krith Holm and his nifty Unithycle....

14. oicdn

Does he ride Uni for Norco, or is he a trials rider that CAN ride uni? Yeah, crowd wasn't feeling him....kinda tough crowd, they weren't really loud like last years demo vid.

Ryan is my hero, LOL. He has MAD control over his bike. His balance is pretty insane. When he was on that tall block, he just stoon on the bike without any balance set-ups before a gap...LOL, I guess I'm kinda nerdy for lookin at the small stuff like that.....he's like a friggin cat!

15. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

It's the little stuff that makes the difference between the awesome and the really good.

16. Patrick

Patrick New Member

The uni stuff is the worst.. I had to fast forward through all of it... sorry, I just think it's super clowny.

17. muniracer

muniracer New Member

Back off! I ride uni trials and it is pretty sad that you guys are such dickheads about it. you assume there is nothing to it but normal people assume there is nothing to bike trials so you guys are just as stupid. yeah, its funny that we wave our hands to balance, but its funny that you guys hump the air when you manual. it goes both ways. both ryan and kris have done amazing things for trials and you guys need to recognize both for their accomplishments. maybe you should get on a uni and try for two seconds to do trials, or even ride it. its bad enough having normal people not appreciate your sport but to have people within the sport doing the same thing is worse. i'll admit it, kris did not ride that well (comparitively) at the demo, but he was still doing stuff that was amazing. Same with Ryan. Obviously you will like the bike stuff more because its what you do. since i ride uni trials, i only wanted to watch the uni part. you guys are such jerks.

18. digby

digby New Member

I think when people see leech do a large drop on his bike, land standing up and ride away smoothly, they say to themselves "wow that was cool", When they see Holm, do a large drop on his uni landing mostly on his crotch, they say "why would you do that to yourself?" unless I'm missing something and you guys ride with a shock in there or something.

Also you would think if you buy a mac, you get stuff like itunes, imovie, iphoto for free, why wouldnt they give you quicktime pro as well?

either way quicktime sucks balls, vlc all the way.

19. muniracer

muniracer New Member

doing trials we are rarely sitting on the seat, but standing over it. all our weight is on the pedals so there is no issue with the crotch. since the seat is the only place we can hold the uni, it has to be high, rather than very low or nonexistent, as on a bike. but you are right, this is one very common misconception that we get from everyone and needs to be cleared up.

i dont mind if you dont like uni trials but at least give us credit for the practice we do and skill we develop. there is an incredible amount of technique invloved with hopping, even though it may not look like it. and think, when trying to balance on a bike, there are only 2 directions you can fall off, but on a uni there are 360, so the takeoff and landing of hops is more difficult than on a bike while the actual hop is harder on a bike. each has its own advantages and disadvantages but both require incredible amounts of training and dedication. i can appreciate your sport even though i dont want to do it so please do the same for me.

on a side note, Kris does ride for Norco as a unicyclist

20. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

Here is the difference between the perception of biketrials and unitrials as I see it. We all have ridden bikes, seeing biketrials is something everyone can be like "what the fuck? how do you do that?" this is in comparison to the point of view most of us have on unicycles being "they are for the circus" I am not making a judgement personally as there are some very good unitrials riders in my area, but I think for the most part the lack of utility on the part of the unicycle makes it a less appealing (because we cant compare prior experience to it) than a bicycle