Rotating direction of a Michelin

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Bloodhound, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

I know this has been discussed several times before, but couldnt find a definate answer. I recently accuried a Mich 24.1 2.2" and was wondering which way to put it on, with the recomended direction or against it? different people say different things?

Thanks

2. Elan

Elan steve french

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

are you serious?

it doesnt matter how.

3. Ryden

Ryden Guest

I know what hes saying, there was a thread with a diagram showing how putting it on against the tread gives you more grab or something, jesus.

4. Elan

Elan steve french

yea, tons more grabs. oh noes/

5. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

i promise itll roll both ways

6. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

you gots ta put it knobby side out. Other than that, don't matter none, especially a month down the road when the "sharp" side of each knob is rounded off.

7. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I put it opposite direction, that way gay fags say "oh noes yoru bike is on bakewards d00d?!"

8. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

i put it forwards for fear of reprisal

i put Hot S (front) backwards for more grip... and so
    ^^ that too

9. digby

digby New Member

actually it works much better if you flip the tire inside out and run it that way. The knobs provide an "airbag" like effect against pinch flats. This is euro secret #323, its how they get away with running such low pressure.

Seriously though, you can actually look and see which way the knobs are angleing towards, run it in that direction. / not this \

10. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Follow the arrows...

11. Ryden

Ryden Guest

Well at least someone here knows how to answer a question without some stupid remark or insult. Be carful we don't want this turning into biketrials.ca where you don't get answers...you just get flamed and then your thread dies. Thats the whole reason I came here in the first place.

12. digby

digby New Member

stupid questions usually get stupid answers. There is really not much too it, you look at the tire, think about what your going to be doing with it and put it on, its common sense.

you may as well have asked us how many degrees your grips should be rotated around before you stick them on.

If you ask a halfway decent question you get plenty of answers without flaming

13. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I put both of my tires on backwards. The front gets put on backwards so its less likely to slip on steep downslopes and the rear is on backwards because I don't want it to slip upon landing a gap. Its not a bad idea to run the rear in the right configuration, though. It would be better for takeoffs and hopping up steep slopes.

14. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

Thanks Bill.

...cunts...