ROLLER[jam] 2004 (BC Comp)

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by BrettM, May 19, 2004.

1. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Nothing crazy. Probably the easiest comp I've been to in a while. Sections were set in the old school BC style. No real ups or gaps. 2 wheeled action and some very steep stuff up and down hills.

Just shows a full section for a beginner rider, sport, 2 expert sections and 2 pro sections. Once again they were easy sections that actually favoured the shorter wheelbase bikes (as shown by John Webster placing second and Dylan Korba taking the win.)

Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks to Bill for hosting.

http://videos.observedtrials.net/Van_Isle/ROLLER[jam]_2004.mpg

2. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I liked it. It was a nice change to just see actual raw competition footage, and even of beginner and sport riders, you don't see that very often. Thanks for the vid :).

Bill

3. morley

morley New Member

The camera shots really don't justify how steep and tech some of those rollers really were. It's a bummer the death roller never made it in the movie. In the end it was a fun old school style comp tho.

4. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Nice! I haven't seen very many videos like these, definitely gave me an idea what goes on...

5. sebLG

sebLG New Member

lol, have an easier comp next time :greddy2: . it was a good video anyway. :bigthumb:

6. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

definately worth the DL. What bike is Korba ridding?

7. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

old desalvo prototype frame

8. BrettM

BrettM New Member

The whole point of this comp was the rollers (riding down a steep hill.) Believe me people from BC are used to it. A lot of other people would be freaked out. All were steep enough that it would be almost as easy to drop them and a few people did, but some were pushing 10 feet high.

Morleys got a bit of a boycott going of ups and gaps. His comp so there weren't really any. This was also not the original place planned. Theres a whole big story but long story short is we got the boot and were forced to go there. No sections were planned and it was just making something of a terrible situation.

I expected the comments aboots how easy the comp looks. People who rode expert at aotk and then pro here did way way better by the scores. This isn't a typical BC comp. Just something for fun.

[​IMG]

Thats one of the bigger ones, and Korba making it look easy.

9. that was a sweet video....i like the competition thing too.

10. Shipley

Shipley ..........

It's nice to see a little diversity. Thanks for sharing.

11. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

sweet. i always like raw natural comp footage a lot! thanks!!

12. morley

morley New Member

Stevie D doin a roller that was over 50 deg and had only 3' to stop. with a nice little cliff on the other side.
    [​IMG]

The Marathon section, this one featured a few death rollers. It started on the left then back up the middle and down and then finished up up over on the right.
    [​IMG]