Riding backwards??

Discussion in 'Beginner's Area' started by heggler9, Dec 6, 2004.

1. heggler9

heggler9 Guest

I dont know if this helps any with trials, but I would still like to learn to. Any ideas on how to learn and how long it takes to learn? thanks

2. Stock

Stock Tumescent.

Endo
    Pedal backwards
    balance

There's no trick to it, it's just like learning to ride a bike, only backwards. Once you get it it's fairly easy.

3. norco tt

norco tt New Member

its not that hard once u get it. try going on a slope or a hill or anything with some speed then do a endo and pedal backwards. if u start to fall try turning a little to gain your balance again.

4. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

it takes a while. i first noticed it really as a useful move when my friends messed up a pedal up or tap, stopped, and then rolled back. it was much faster that way.
    first start out by doing the norm (endo, rock back and go) on flat ground for a while. once you can go about 1/2 a pedal backwards (not much at all), start using it when you ride. if you miss an up, then keep on endoing backwards untill you get back to your original position. by doing this over the course of just maybe 2 weeks depending on how much you ride you'll be able to roll backwards pretty well. also, you won't be wasting time practicing it, if you get what im saying.

5. Elan

Elan steve french

sit on your bars. never use your front brake. pedalbackwards. balance

6. heggler9

heggler9 Guest

hey, thanks for all the replies, i wont be able to work on it until later in the week, but i'll tell you how it works out

peace

7. Stock

Stock Tumescent.

Yeah I use it mostly to reposition for an up... it is useful in that application.

You just do it, I suppose you get better at it but I see no need to go rolling backwards hundreds of feet.

8. heggler9

heggler9 Guest

yeah i can see how it would be useful, but my friend and i are having a contest to see who can get it first and longer, so for hundreds of feet would be cool, so im just gonna practice

9. manimal

manimal New Member

it also helps alot to shift your weight backwards over your rear hub after the endo..

10. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

When you're rolling back, the pedals will start spinning. I usually control that spinning by turning at almost the same speed or lag it up a bit to slow down...if not tap the rear brake a bit. The rest is just balance...hard to explain..

11. TooSicKs

TooSicKs Guest

A long fakie is useful for street/park trials Besides, it's just plain fun.