Riders in Cleveland area?

Discussion in 'Midwest, USA' started by B1105, Oct 3, 2004.

1. B1105

B1105 New Member

Hey, I'm startting my college search. and have been looking at some schools in the Cleveland, OH area. Are there a lot of riders there? Hows the general biking scene?

2. Elan

Elan steve french

3. cck

cck Member

me ride in teh cleveland areao

4. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

5. cck

cck Member

doode i ride them h-core

6. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

cam i'll get your h-core money when i get mine. i'll brake you off a gnarly fat chunk of that piece.

7. trials-online

trials-online still here

i also ride around there

8. giventofly

giventofly I like Hops

The top reasons to choose cleveland as a trials town....

1, edgewater state park. Lakefront breakwall, over a mile long..made of huge boulders
    2, gordon park (cleveland lakefront state park) lakefront breakwall, over a mile long, huge boulders
    3, Rays indoor Mountain bike Park www.raysmtb.com
    4. Downtown
    5. Urban Wasteland
    6. MLK cultural Gardens
    7. Olmsted Falls community park
    8. CSU

These are just the spots within 20 minutes of my house.

Also the community is cool here.

9. B1105

B1105 New Member

Whats the area like? I've never been there, only know that its a big city, and a lot of unemployed.

10. giventofly

giventofly I like Hops

You should come up for a visit. I could show you around. Visit the bikepark, hit some of our spots before the snow flies.

Yes, a lot of people lost their jobs when big steel left town, but it's not like the place is a dump or anything. Cleveland has a lot of character. I love it here.

Trials-online....who are you? and have we met? PM me.

11. tdiray

tdiray Guest

There were alot of riders in Cleveland before I left for the Army last year. I have been out of the loop for about 2 or 3 years now but really want to get back into it. I think I will check that MTB park out when I go home on leave in December. I know Rob Ponti is still riding and he was one of the guy that started riding in the area back about 6 years ago when we got it started.

12. B1105

B1105 New Member

Is there any downhill and urban in the Cleveland area?

13. tdiray

tdiray Guest

Urban Yes the whole city has a lot of urban riding in it. Downhill not sure where you could go for that though.

14. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

DH in midwest... bawhahahah

15. Donkeykong

Donkeykong Nucking Futs

Dood, Whats up ray!?! When will you be back in town? It was great to see you over x-mas....

I'm rolling on Ponti's old monty... the other day in cleveland I was flagged down (with my monty on the roofrack) by a guy named chico, he's back from iraq, and knew all the 'old schoolers'...

cleveland is definently an up and coming bike town... I can't speak from experience (in trials), but the MTB scene is definently up and coming. CAMBA is definently making ground... I have yet to ride trials outside (ie: gordon park, or edgewater, etc...) but I know that there is always someone to ride with, and my experience is that the trials riders in cleveland are tight, and always down with getting someone out to ride..... great group of guys.

This is my first post here, and I was going to mention rays MTB park....
    Anyway ray, shoot me an e-mail.
    [email protected]
    -Mark

16. ilneff

ilneff New Member

mark, what-up?
    I'm one of the guys that stoped at rays on the way back from motorama.
    are you gong to try to make it out to our comp?

17. Donkeykong

Donkeykong Nucking Futs

I'm still thinking about it.... do you have a link to the site? I am happy to have found this site, but I can't remember the dates.... (as promised, I got on OT to find out about the comp)

-Mark

18. ilneff

ilneff New Member

may 21st and 22nd!
    We should have the info up again some time next week.
    I'll try to e-mail you some info as well, probaby won't be till next week though.