ride friday

Discussion in 'NorthEast, USA' started by mtbikefreak333, Oct 20, 2004.

1. mtbikefreak333

mtbikefreak333 New Member

hey a few people in Columbia are gonna do a ride at the Mall/ Lakefront/ village centers on friday afternoon/night it would be cool to see some ppl up there too, its only like 5 of us right now that will be there. so if you don't mind dodging security come ride.

just letting you know.

2. mtbikefreak333

By the way, Columbia is like exactlay in between Baltimore and DC.

3. bwagner

bwagner New Member

How bad is the security issue there? Dodging security all night instead of actually riding sucks ass. I know how it is though, I live in downtown Baltimore. what type of riding will it be? Is it mainly trials, or mainly street? I didn't know there were any trials riders in Columbia. It's exciting to know there are more riders in Maryland. Oh yeah, and I think the waterfront area would be a cool ride, are you talking about right across from the mall? Where Benigans used to be?

4. smudge

smudge Central Scrrrrrrrutinizer

What!? They moved Bennigans? What will the yuppies do after work? WHAT WILL THEY DO!? I sure hope it's easy to find now.

In my experience, the security in Columbia acts as if they're safeguarding our most valuable nuke-you-ler secrets. I haven't been there in years, but from what I remember, there was some new rock fountain installation in front of some store that was going into the Columbia Mall. I believe LL Bean. I've always wanted to go back and ride it, but have sour memories about nearly being arrested for JUMPING A CARDBOARD BOX in the mall parking lot while on my BMX bike around seven years ago.

To answer your question Bruce, I'd consider it to be mainly street. I should go back and ride just for the nostalgia of pracicing one-pedal ups for hours next to the Rouse Co. building.

5. mtbikefreak333

yeah the security is pretty tight around there, theres only like 3 guys here that ride trials. LL bean has the best riding, where they put in a rock fountian. and they didn't move bennigans they straight up tore it down, there putting freakin corporate condos there is what i herd. but we already went riding, and the security wasn't that bad at first, but about 2 hours into the ride securtiy got real tight around the lakefront and the mall, they act like they are real cops all they can do is call they real cops if we annoy them too much... which they did... twice. the first time we gave this kid like $30 dollars to ride his crappy bike into the lake across from the mall, he did it... in his boxers then some suited up guy came out with a cell phone callin the cops

so in short yeah the security sucks but its the mose convienent place to ride, when its to wet to ride the course i have in the backyard. ya gotta do what u can ya know?

the riding is a mix of both around here but it was maily street style