Rhyno lite XL

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Davidfernandez5000, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Hi
    I recently got my rhyno lite XL rims in the mail and noticed that there are grooves that run with the rim(i have never had rhyno lites so i am completley clueless) the grooves decrease my braking power and i was wondering if tar would help improve the braking ( i dont want to grind the rims)

2. airmj

airmj Guest

of course tar would improve braking.

But i would rather just sand off the grooves and at least have a sort of rough surface. After prolonged use the black paint along the rim walls is just gonna wear off anyways.

You don't have to grind. Tar is like messy goo crap that dont last. :D

3. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

whack some tar on there, it can't hurt.

4. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Too much sucks

be a little careful with the tar though, too much will make your brakes stick too much, and not release at all. I've done it bu accident around ten years ago, and I'll never make that mistake again, I fell forward off of a nice drop because my rear wheel wouldn't move and I was in a bif "heelclicker " postition, it sucked. definitely a nut cracker;)

5. yea so is the right ammount like a pencil thin line with 2 revolutions of the rim?

6. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

yea, that should be good, i found that a grind alone works better than tar alone for my v brakes and kool stop pads

7. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Grind your rim.. seriously.

8. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

:werd:

9. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Anybody who uses tar is just asking for trouble. It's a mess, it's not consistent, and even if the slightest bit wet, you're fucked. Why worry about "best way to apply it" when you just grind the fuck out of your rim and not have to worry about grinding it again till you feel like it....Even a shitty grind is better than most ghettorific applications like coke or tar or lysol or whatever the hell those people on Pinkbike suggest....

10. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

yea, grinding is best...i do a medium depth grind every 10 or so rides now, i used to do light grinds more often, which work better, but im lazy

11. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

i'm seriously you guys, grind your rims. I'm seriously

12. Shipley

Shipley ..........

don't let Dan fool you.. he's actually shirley. he just tries to pass himself off seriously.