Review - Woodman bars

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by xxxfr, Jul 10, 2004.

1. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

Hey all,
    I just got my woodman bars in (exact same as old style try alls, so same sweep and width as the new ones). Any way, i went up to hartford for my first ride on them, a solid 4 hour urban/trials ride. As far as the trials stuff goes the wider bar is super awesome. Im coming off a 60x8* stem 26.75"x2.0" bar to the woodmans at 29.1"x.6" and a thomson stem at 50x0*. As far as the urban aspect goes the woodmans with the 0 deg back sweep (set up bars swept back at the 2* marker) is really comfortable. all the normal wall rides and fences were much nicer w/ the low front end (400mm fork, 2mm headset spacer) compared to when i last did them on a 3" fork w/ 3" bars and 1" of spacers. the bars have just enough flex to be comfortable, but theyre much stiffer than the hussefelts.
    One gap that i havnt hit in a while is over 5 or 6 stairs, 10 foot conceret landing and some grass, onto a grass tranny, its a 17 foot gap. I scared myself shitless, because inorder to make the gap on my old bike, it was go as fast as possible, and jump as high as possible. The rigid fork, and stiff bars and cranks, in my 22/12 i realized as soon as i jumped i went way too big, and landed about 6 feet down the tranny, and the gap measured about 23 feet. Anyway, i landed smoothly, and the bars had no problem taking it.
    So far i think the bars are pretty sweet, and if they do snap on me, i would probably buy another pair, as long as they dont snap soon. for $38, its hard to beat....

2. Justin.L

Justin.L Guest

ITS NOT THE SAME AS TRYALL

3. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

seems to me someone already told him they are.

4. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

ummm....im pretty sure they are, sime rise, width, and sweeps........... o and same weight

5. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

Webcyclery says:

This is the bar that you find on most of the Koxx bikes out there. It's light weight and 29+" wide. It fits a standard 25.4mm clamp (NOT oversized). Slight rise (under an inch)

300.00 grams
    0.66 pounds

the woodmans are 29+" and 300gm is written on the end of the bar...

6. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

yea....sites wrong....because woodman doesnt make any of theyre own stuff.

7. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

except for the part where they are. the new try-all bars are different tubing though. the woodman bars were the same thing stamped 'woodman' instead of 'try-all'

8. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Who did you order the Woodman's through?

9. B1105

B1105 New Member

he got them direct from Jim, but otherwise your shop should be able to, BTI doesnt carry those bars, so theyd have to order it directly from woodman i think, i dont know of any other disitrbutors who carry those bars

10. Shipley

Shipley ..........

That's what I thought... thanks!

11. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

yea, right thru woodman, Jim is very cool, woodman is definatly one of my favorite compaines.