Redesigned Magura HS-33's!!

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Triple Eight, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Triple Eight

Triple Eight Guest

2. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

the new stuff looks ok, but now people will have to buy rims according to what frame they have, or use the regular evo adapters.

heres some bigger pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Elan

Elan steve french

looks like if hte new lever is any good, you could jsut use old slave cylinders... although i cant see why it wont be the same as the old ones?

4. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

well, they pretty did away with the adjustability the old evo adapters had, in that you could switch which boss they went on, and you could run narrow or wide rims on narrow or wide frames without having the adapters at obscene angles. now they compromised and blasted it.

looking at the pics though, i can see why they did it, since theres only 1 hole on the booster. if you were to switch the adapters, then on one setting they'd be angled madly. i guess they saw that happening with the RAT booster or something. i like this booster idea though, make everything stiffer. and its making the setup essentially a 4 bolt setup pretty much, so like 4 bolt setups, it seems like you'll have to choose rims accordingly if you have v mounts far appart or close together. also having that booster on the back of the brake would make the setup easier, since theres no booster in the way anymore. putting a second, or even a 3rd booster would make everything even stiffer.

but yea, im looking forward to these levers. wouldnt mind buying one to give it a try.

5. Elan

Elan steve french

but one would not have to use the new mounting system, it could be scraped all togetherr.

6. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

hmmm, the new lever looks way better. No more broken off TPA knobs, and no more non functioning TPA knobs due to constant impacts. As far as the Evo 2 adapters, well they still seem problematic when using a very wide rim or when using a normal rim in a trials frame, maybe even more so than the current evo adapters. That new brake booster looks much stiffer. But still, if your gonna run maggies then it is best to get a frame with Magura mounts.

7. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

the only problems i can see with the new lever is that for trials use the mounting on the bars doesnt exactly seem to me atleast that they would take many hard falls before they snap.. they are die cast bodies arent they? which can have a few imperfections if im not mistaken. Would just have to see how they go.. no doubt its been thoroughly tested.

Second point i like the bleed screw facing forward but.. the cable also coming forward im not so sure about its a easy place to scrape and catch hosing eventually just goes anyway if its constantly being bent and hit. I wouldnt see it being a problem for the average rider.. just the newbie natural riders like me who bail constantly

8. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

That looks just like the old RAT booster which I must say worked very well.. It made adjustements almost as simple as a 4 bolt system.. You'll still need a normal booster too though..

9. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

doesnt the bend in the top make the booster more stiffer? i read somewhere about different designs for boosters and they found that a cross section in the shape of a I would work best like metal beams in buildings. Looks like they have been researching too