Rear hop pivot (from left foot forward & turning right)

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by trialspads, Apr 22, 2004.

1. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Arggggggggggggggggh *vent done*

I can turn left naturally now but right? I'm trying so hard yet it doesn't make any sense...

My left foot is usually in the front when doing pedal kick or rear hopping in place...I don't get it? Help!!! It's a nice day out today whoo hoo.

2. Elan

Elan steve french

i do it the opposite way. i m used to turning to the opposite way of my choco foot...but i have tried going to my right, and it just takes muscle memory or somthing....basically the only answer is keep on truckin.

3. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

just get on your bike, practice. try do the same movement that you do when you turn the other way, you'll eventually get it.

try turning your bars to the way you want to go when you are about to hop, and when you are in the air straighten them again. you'll figure it out.

4. oxygen_77

oxygen_77 Guest

Hey Nek0,

sorry to change the subject, but I've been practicing trials around UW, Gasworks and Greenlake alot and am looking for some new areas to ride. Do you have any good spots that you usually go to? Thanks! Oh, and if you're looking for some people to ride with, I could get a small group together. Just let me know.

5. trialspads

I ride there also maybe you've seen me...but usually I'm there after 5pm or on weekends. Some guy told me about this Carkeek (sp?) park off Aurora but had a small playground, picnic tables, rocks and few things to ride around. Gasworks Park is awesome :)

I'll probably be riding after work about 5pm or so. We should do a meet sometime.

6. oxygen_77

oxygen_77 Guest

hmmm... I don't think I've ever seen you out riding. Do you ride a P.3 for trials? Just curious because I ride my P.2 for trials, but I've put a rigid fork on it and changed out the brakes and levers. I've never heard of that park you mentioned, but Lincoln park in West Seattle has some great areas to practice natural and urban trials. After a while Gasworks starts to get booring, but it DOES have some awesome things to practice on.
    [​IMG]
    I especially like this area
    [​IMG]
    These stairs provide a good surface to practice pedal-ups, pivots, lurches, backhops, etc.

7. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

i don't mean to be a dick and tell you how you should have your bike set up (unlike someone i know teehee) but a longer, low rise stem on that bike would feel better for trials unless or course you ride streety stuff/use the bike for other things :bigthumb:

8. oxygen_77

oxygen_77 Guest

Trust me, I know/have known this fact... I just recently traded a Le Toy III frame for some new hydro brakes and a 100mm stem. I just have to save up some money so I can buy a new handlebar (the one on the bike is an oversize) and then I'll be able to put on the new stem. As far as bike setup goes, I already have plans to replace that frame with something that has a much higher bottom bracket... the P.2's BB is WAAAAAY low.

9. trialspads

Yeah I do but I have a Marzocchi MX Comp which I'm looking to go rigid. Lincoln Park, I haven't gone there but I'll definitely check it out. I love those steps at Gasworks. Never seen you before but I might go down there this week.

How big is Lincoln Park compared to Gasworks?

10. oxygen_77

oxygen_77 Guest

Lincoln park is much more spread out than Gasworks. It has a beach area with some difficult logs to hop around on as well as a play area where you can practice 2.5' drops to soft woodchips or the same size and larger drops to concrete (good place to work on confidence). To get to Lincoln park just take the West Seattle bridge and follow the signs to the Vashon Ferry (I think that's the one). Basically you'll just stay on the same road until you see signs for the park and a parking lot to stop in on the right.

I'll probably go riding later this week... I need to take a break for several days though because I've been riding every day for the past 10 days and my body is just too tired to keep up.