Rays indoor MTB

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by hopsalot, Oct 25, 2004.

1. hopsalot

hopsalot Free your heel.

Check out www.raysmtb.com for updates on Clevelands new indoor mountian bike park. The trials area is ready for opening, the entire park will open in late November. Ray has some special events in the works for 2005.

Check out these pics, for now...and check out www.raysmtb.com for pictures of the whole park.

2. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

is that jeremy vs?

just kidding.

3. Ryden

Ryden Guest

Now to convince mysalef it's worth a 5 hour drive......

4. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

i wonder if jeremy liked the place?

5. Elan

Elan steve french

by the looks of it he was having a good time.

6. Trialsking

Trialsking Retired from Trials

I dont think that is Jeremy, because I believe he is left foot forward, unless he is practicing switch foot!?!?!

Looks like a great winter trials spot! But what about when the snow is gone?

Oops, I just saw Dan's joke at the end....duh on me!

7. Elan

Elan steve french

hes definately practising euro style bad foot

8. giventofly

giventofly I like Hops

Yes. It's pretty cool. Ride some trials, ride some trails, jump some ramps, play some foosball, repeat. It's gonna rock.

9. Ross

Ross New Member

that ceiling looks kind of low, in one of the pics it looks like the guy is ducking his head to keep from hitting it on the rafters.

10. giventofly

giventofly I like Hops

I think I know what picture you're reffering to ....but if you look closely at the pic, he is airborne between the rafters, and looks tucked in because he is doing a no-footer.

The rafters are between 17 and 20 feet off the gound, but the jumps are placed in between them, where the celing is not an issue (up to 30 feet high at the peaks). It takes some getting used to simply because we're not used to riding indoors, but you're not going to hit your head. Some of the really big box jumps, they've actually cut out some of the fixtures (lights, old piping, etc) to make room. Some of the really good guys are actually jumping up into the rafters!

11. Tanner

Tanner New Member

Hmm, perchance spring break?

12. klophaus

klophaus Guest

That looks pretty nice. From Pittsburgh I'm about 2.5 hrs away. Many people riding trials there?

13. giventofly

giventofly I like Hops

Well, not yet, as it's not open. He should be opening near the end of November.

However, we do expect plenty of trials riders to show up. I mean where else can you go to escape the weather like this. Also, there's enough stuff to ride on , what with the trials area, and the MTB course.You could easily make a 2 day weekend out of it!

14. RyanMcVicker

RyanMcVicker Well-Known Member

I think ill definetly be visiting this place this winter. Its about 5 or 6 hrs away, but thats okay. We should all go there at the same time and ride together.

15. RyanMcVicker

RyanMcVicker Well-Known Member

Are there any sleeping accomodations in that area? i.e. hotels?

16. bmorekirby

bmorekirby I have bloody shins, yay?

i think i need to move to cleveland

17. bmorekirby

bmorekirby I have bloody shins, yay?

my old job, my manager let me ride in the warehouse when work was done

18. B1105

B1105 New Member

Are there a lot of riders in the Cleveland area? Do you guys have like weekly rides and stuff?

19. hopsalot

hopsalot Free your heel.

The size of the Cleveland crew is growing, and this park will bring alot of interested riders to trials. We don't have organized weekly rides in large groups because of work and school and stuff like that, not to mention there are a lots of places to ride and it's hard to get everyone to agree on one place. One thought that came up was having weekly "practice comps" , a loose collection of sections that one could ride at there own pace and score themselves. What do you guys think of this?

20. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

when was jeremy out in cleveland?

just kidding

if you guys get it going well, i could definelty see this spot taking the place of motorama.