Random parts

Discussion in 'For Sale / Want to Buy' started by Penguin, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Penguin

Penguin Guest

New XTR short cage rear derailleur - $90 (mounted and ridden 5 miles)

XTR v-brakes - $75

Shimano Saint Crankset - $170 (2 months old)

Azonic Shorty Stem - $40

Avid Ultimate Leavers - $100 - maybe 2000 model? - work excellently

XT 8 speed shifter - under warranty, with receipt - needs to be mailed in to Shimano - $30

Marzocchi Z.3 (2000 maybe?) 100 mm fork 20mm axle (dunno why anyone on here would want it... but if so it's $100)

Trek Bruiser Frame -- 16" - used, but still solid - $150
    (comes with 1 week old XTR cableset cut for frame)
    (and gary fisher water bottle cage)
    (and shimano STX front derailleur)

I'm reasonable, so make me an offer and i'll let ya know what i think (though i really need money...) - - this'll be going on Ebay soon... - - i'm also new here, so i'm not sure if i'm doing anything wrong - feel free to let me know that too :)

Feel free to check out pictures here:
    (anything you see is for sale, i think)
    http://people.tamu.edu/~tqb5208/Trek%20Bruiser/index.htm

2. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

please help this guy out, he wants his first real trials bike! :)

3. atypical

atypical Guest

nice custom cable-rub protector (Tape):bigthumb:

Are those bars for sale, and are they 31.8mm?
    I'm interested in the frame, how old, major dings or just the superficial stuff- that kinda thing. My wife needs something worth taking out for a spin- not the heavy ass trek she's got now.

1 person likes this.
  4. Penguin

Penguin Guest

Frame and Handlebars

Sure i'll sell the handlebars - though i haven't any idea of how much they're worth - i'd throw them in with the frame for maybe $10? It's whatever you think's a fair price.

as for 31.8mm - i dunno.... i just thought they were normal handlebars :dunno:

The Frame is, i think, a 2000 - i bought it used on Ebay, but when i bought it it was in great shape. I landed on the chain stays once trying to sidehop - put in a dent maybe 1/8" - but scraped off some paint. I painted over it with a sharpee, so from a couple feet away it's not really noticeable. I was going to buy some touchup paint and do that the right way, i just never got around to it (but i can if you'd like)

That was the left Chainstay - - the right has some chips out of it from the chain - i would suggest a lizard skin, a tube, or an old tire - just as a cosmetic thing.

So... after my usual rambling:
    The frame is structurally sound, though has some blemishes. Nothing like what i've seen on most trials bikes, but it doesn't look new.

*update on handlebars*
    they are 25" long and 230 grams -- 63.5 cm long
    found it out after i took off the stem
    (calipers say they are 25.4 mm in diameter in the middle)

hope that helps
    :joshers: -TOM-

Last edited: Dec 6, 2004
  5. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

How long & age of the stem?

1 person likes this.
  6. Penguin

Penguin Guest

Azonic Shorty Stem

Looks like 59 or 60 mm from center to center

as far as age.... - i'm sorry, 'cause i dunno - - i can guarentee it's at least 1 year 4 months old - - i'd swear it wasn't more than a month though by looking at it

I never used it for downhill or anything, just for my sorry attempt at trials on a whale of a trials bike (i think any mountain bike is a whale of a trials bike)

7. Penguin

Penguin Guest

Derailleur's Sold!

8. Shorty2020

Shorty2020 Guest

do u have the XTR brake levers?

9. Penguin

Penguin Guest

Sorry, sure don't have any XTR brake leavers - - - actually, everything on the bike is sold - 'cept for pedals, which i am keeping for my trials bike, and the headset... which i am keeping for my trials bike

10. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

yay for selling everything, now you can ride chrome on 26"s!:rofl: