Raccoon Rally

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by DanBowhers, Jun 16, 2004.

1. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

Questions?

Anyone else going?

Preregister (Or not?)

Um game on

2. Cory

Cory Guest

I was thinking about going but I'm not too crazy about the 8 hour drive. Are the sections good? Is it a well run comp?

Cory

3. biketrials25

biketrials25 New Member

I will be there... bottom line is it is the best comp I have ever been to!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2004
  4. trialsbug

trialsbug New Member

I am going. I plan on riding Sport Stock & Mod.

I was going to pre-register, but the form says that the registration has to be mailed by 6/15 even though the pre-registration date is 6/16.

5. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

is it this coming weekend? if it is, then ill be at mt snow.

6. bwagner

bwagner New Member

next weekend

No Mike, it's not this weekend, it's next weekend. You're going too dude, or I'll kill you to death in the head. Oh, and for the other posters, yes the Comp is good, and it's run by actual riders, not some old kooks. The place is AWESOME to ride, one of the best places ever.

7. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

Hey,

I am going to Mt. Snow this weekend, but will be out at Raccoon Rally a day before and a day after the comp if anyone wants to ride/film I will definately be down. Anyone have any idea about how many riders will be turning out for this comp? I have heard it has insane sections...

8. kwilson

kwilson New Member

9. ko

ko New Member

I will be there for sure..absolutely an amazing comp!!! I am bringing some other expert and pro riders also and we will be riding there sunday as well cause it is so sweet. Some kinda group ride sunday would be cool.

Chris Stephenson

10. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

Chris,

Sounds good, I will definately be down to ride sunday with you guys. Look for the really tall guy in the white helment on a trials bike that looks like a bmx, haha.

11. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

I've done that comp for the past three years. Once in sport, twice in expert. It is excellent. The best comp I've even been to. The only comp in the US that is on par with European UCI elite sections. Seriously. Better than my current Euro comp experience. Amazing and huge rock formations, like Buthier in France. Last year for some reason Expert was kind of easy with the exception of one section which was nuts. There were a lot of cleans. I think they were over compensating for the previous year... In 2002 the expert sections were insane and way too hard for most people, some truly insane shit. It was the only time that I (and most of the riders in expert) have ever just taken the 5 instead of finishing one of the sections...And the pro sections were deadly. Saw JJ bite it HARD but he was OK in the end. I think this year it will be realy hard again. If I could I'd fly back just for that comp.
    Plus the after comp riding is so fun. Go. Even if you have to drive 8 hours. Worth it.

12. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

I'll be going to this one. I'll probably make it my first expert comp, just to get my money's worth, and for fun. From what I hear the terrain is awesome, I'm really looking forward to riding there. See you all there

13. giventofly

giventofly I like Hops

yes....worth an 8 hour drive. I've ridden this comp beginner, sport, and expert. It is by far the best organized bike weekend i've ever been to. REAL PRIZES! awesome sections (hella-scary sometimes!)..."thunder Rocks" is very appropriately named!

14. halfazn

halfazn Member

ALL WHO CAN MAKE IT TO THIS EVENT SHOULD GO. IT IS DEFINATELY ONE OF TEH BEST EVENTS IN THE US (imo). DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS AWESOME TERRAIN.

15. kwilson

kwilson New Member

I guess I should consider myself very lucky, I live about 1 hour north of Thunder rocks, it's almost like being in my back yard. I can't wait to see some familiar faces, and hopefullt some new ones. I know there will be a group coming down from canada, since we're not too far from the border. After seeing Thunder Rocks, I think some (most) will agree that it should be a NATS event.

Everyone have a safe trip, see you saturday.

Kevin (sport/stock on an OLD mongoose)

16. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

dan, give me a ride :)

17. halfazn

halfazn Member

yes you are very lucky.

18. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

Ed I would drive you, hell you are on the way, but I am going to be spending over a week out there at my girlfriends house to celebrate the 4th...sorry dude

19. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

i see, because i just called you also.
    welp guess i aint goin, :(

20. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

bruce,

you still headin up there? how long is the drive?