questions on frame sizes, and more

Discussion in 'Beginner's Area' started by snakebite, Oct 16, 2004.

1. snakebite

snakebite Guest

i have some questions about frame sizes. I plan on mostly plan on only riding in the city (DC), so what size frame would be best. i see frames ranging from 1000-1100mm wheel bases. i am 5'9" if that means anything?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  2. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

well, your really goign to have to be more specific with what kind of riding you want to do. Do u want a bike u can manual and do streety moves on, or something that is very trials specific and acts like a peice of poop when doing anything other than trials moves.

3. snakebite

snakebite Guest

i don't know what you would call it? street trials? i saw some guys in washington dc a a while back, and and it looked like fun. i don't want a bike for manualing, wall rides, and hucking stairs if thats what you mean. i need a trials bike. its kind of hard to do trials on my on one gimp.

thanks

4. Elan

Elan steve french

youre probably going to want a little shorter wheelbase if all youre doing is riding urban. somthing like an echo pure short (1060), echo bounce (1055), koxx levelboss 1065, or planet x tibo (1055) will suit you for more "pure trials" stuff. if you want a frame suited to manuals and 180's and such, which will still be a trials bike, a planet x zebdi (1030?) works great. there are others but im not remembering them.

5. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

snake bite, i ride only urban but i really liked my bt (1090). im 6' feet tall, and feel too cramp when riding trials on a short bike. i know theres going to be a ride on sunday in college park/DC. maybe you could catch up and ride a few of the bikes. if you cant make it, email me and ill try to set you up with a few of the riders down in that area who would be more than willing to let you try out their bikes.

[email protected]

mike

6. mikemad23

mikemad23 Guest

ive seen some people doing that kinda stuff on brisas.

7. snakebite

snakebite Guest

thanks for the advice guys. i am looking at the echo pure, koxx level boss 1040, and echo bounce. does a short wheelbase mean the bike will be easy to manual?

i really like to koxx, but i will have to save up more.

8. Elan

Elan steve french

Manuals are easier on a short bike, yeah. But, I am getting pretty decent at manualing my 1065 (1077 with a zoo fork). So, don't make your decision based on manuals alone, unless all you're doing is manualing everywhere.