Question for Colorado people

Discussion in 'Mountain States' started by B1105, Jul 27, 2004.

1. B1105

B1105 New Member

I'm going to the Springs this Saturday, and bringing my Echo team. Basically, it arrived today, and its almost assembled, but I've got a few questions.

Anyone in the Springs area, or in CO who may be in the Springs area, have some extra Magura HS33 hose? My rear brake isn't quite long enough, and its literally impossible to ride, so I will happily pay someone for the hose, to install the hose and to bleed the brake (or make it workable). The hose needs to fit an Echo Team long (wb 1033mm), so probably like 40 inches at least? I dunno

Thats basically my only problem at the moment, and if anyone has a 12 or 13t track cog I can purchase, but otherwise I will buy it from Faction.

If anyone could help me with the magura though, that would be awesome. I will be arriving on the 31st, and my bike will probably arrive on the third or fourth of august.

Thanks a ton

Byron

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

i actually need some extra maggie line, i was planning on ordering it tomorrow. if you would like to split some i can order a little extra. cant help with the track cog though, sorry.

3. B1105

B1105 New Member

hmm, i think I was going to PM that bike pro-mobile guy, blane and see if he could get me some and helpme install it, thanks for the offer, but it may be more convenient since hes in the area, im not sure I can give you an answer by tmrw

does QBP or BTI or something have that stuff?

bryon

4. WhiteRavenKS

yeah, i know quality does, i doubt bti carries it anymore. do get in touch with blain from bike pro mobile- he would be able to help you out probably better than i can. it will definitely be more convenient for you.

5. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

word of advise-don't get a 13 tooth cog. trust me. i used one for like, 2 days. i kept wondering why the hell my pedal ups were about 5" shorter, and my gaps sucked. Everything sucked in fact. I put on the 12 t and it was 10x better.

18 13 is a crap gear for mod bikes, you would need a 19.5 13 just to get the same ratio (so basically 20 13, and by that time your chain won't be covered by your bash gaurd.)

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

i have 10'+ of cable if anyone wants it, i wont use it...i also have 5+ olives, barbs...etc...

7. WhiteRavenKS

andreas- everything got better for me when i went to a 13t...

8. B1105

B1105 New Member

turns out Jand B sent a 13, I rode it today, and whaboom, the track cog just un threaded the hub

honestly, im not totally impressed by Echo parts, nor the ACS freewheel, it sounds like the balls or whatever are moving freely and is kinda junky.

I'm packing my bike as I type, so hopefully Blane in CO can help me out, hopefully Graham has a 12 or 13 t cog in stock?
    basically my dura ace track cog's base is too narrow, so im guessing no one has had problems with the try all cogs? after feeling it totally unthread, I'm honestly a little scared to ride this bike, as stupid as it sounds, along with having too short of a maggie line and a junky freewheel

i will post a longer rant later