Question about Zoo

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by cogmog, Apr 30, 2004.

1. cogmog

cogmog Member

I have the oppurtunitie to pick up a used pitbull frame for $300, I have been wanting a koxx, but no-one is selling theirs (dont blame them!) considered buying one new the other week , but $$ issues arose! In all seriousness how bad are these pitbulls? would I be wasting my money? I am not an advanced rider like andy t or any of those guys. I have been riding a monty for 3 years, I dont know anything else other than my monty! I HATE MY MONTY! I just want something long with descent geometry! I am seriously thinking about offering this guy 250 for the pit ! Any opinions would be appreciated! thanks :squint:

2. pav

pav New Member

get it

pitbull rocks, i have one and it feels sick
    yes it is bad about the whole coust copy and all
    but it rides better than my mates levelboss!
    and it wont break on you, i chipped out a brick today with by downtube and got no dents......

its worth it, at least u will have something and its bloody awesome

pav

3. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

it will be a step up from your monty. as much as i hate the ethics of zoo, and as much as i am unimpressed by their build quality- it will still be a good bike for you and im sure you will be much happier on it. if money is tight, you should probably jump on that deal.

4. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

Get it. I have it. Feels great. Super stable on the rear wheel. But I don't know how it rides compared to koxx.

5. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

Damn I have a huge dent in my downtube. But it is a pretty damn strong downtube.

6. Elan

Elan steve french

zoo>monty

7. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

thats gotta suck to have a bike last 3 years...

8. Elan

Elan steve french

on the bright side, zoo isnt benefiting if you buy a used one.

9. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

:rofl:

10. cogmog

cogmog Member

yes,...yes it does suck to own a bike for three years! I just broke the bars on it ......finally! little scary! They were origninal monty bulge that came with bike. Put some of those try-all bars on there and a 107 no rise stem and wow! I thought if bars stem could improve my riding, I really should get a new frame! So I think Im gonna get this pit-cous...doh... pit-bull.

11. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

good choice.......ride the welds off it.

12. Tanner

Tanner New Member

which won;'t take long!

13. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

whatever :slap: if he hasnt broken a monty in three years then the zoo will hold up fine.