Python Chainstays

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by RyanMcVicker, Jun 27, 2004.

1. RyanMcVicker

RyanMcVicker Well-Known Member

I don't get why some people are not liking the fact that the new python mod has "long" chainstays. The python's chainstays are almost exactly the same as the Monty xlite. Monty's wheelbase is about 1000mm, python's 1045mm​

I mean, lots of people love Montys, montys have long chainstays and short wheelbases. So why don't most people like the idea of long stays with a long wheelbase? (like the python)​

Last edited: Jun 27, 2004
  2. Elan

Elan steve french

i dont get what you are getting at

3. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

because people are stupid.

4. B1105

B1105 New Member

I think people want the shorter stays for more stability on the rear. I had this conflict when deciding between the Python and Team. I chose the Team mainly because it has been proven to be a good overal design, where as the python is new, than and I prefer shorter stays.

5. WhiteRavenKS

stays on a mod are not nearly as important/influential as they are on a stock. short ass stays on a mod feel twitchy and long ass ones feel tired and struggle against you. luckily th eonly mod to be affected by either of these extremes was the dumbest mod ever made- it was a dead tie betweent he two versions as to which was the worstest evar.

6. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

Which mod is that, Kevin? PX? Brisa?
    Shorter chainstays mean you can up higher. Think about the distance from bb to rear wheel. This is pretty good for sidehops.
    Also, if the stays are long on the python, wouldn't that mean that the actual top tube length is shorter? Call me stupid but I'm betting that the XTP/LB/Echo Team will ride pretty close in terms of length as the Python will.

7. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

i like the feel of my monty compared to this kids LBlong that i rode with at mount snow. they felt too short. it was a sweet bike though, but meh. i likes the montys stays better.

thats why im getting a python?

8. digby

digby New Member

actually the worst one(longest stays) was probably the megamooo dual disc mod, it was made for dani comas and instead of making the front end longer, they kept it the same, and put pretty much close to stock length chainstays on it. Rode nice once you got used to it, but it wasnt ideal, longer than both px and brisa.

9. WhiteRavenKS

but at least the megamo had brake boses in the right place (unlike the bike i mentioned earlier). its not like they put the disk tabs on the wrong side of the frame.