Pure, pitbull or Raven?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by davilongo, Sep 16, 2004.

1. davilongo

davilongo New Member

Hello guys.

I´m writting from Spain.

I know that It´s a difficult cuestion (although I saw bad post about the Zoo) but now I want to buy a new complet 26" bike (until now I rode 20")

These are my three first selected bikes but I don´t know wich of one to buy

Basically I´ll ride street (85%) an 15% natural zones. Which of one have the best qualities for this?

If Bt raven is good, does someone knows if Bt build complet bikes? Where I can to buy it?

Please, give me an advice? I want my new bike

greetings from Spain

2. sebLG

sebLG New Member

3. davilongo

davilongo New Member

ups, so fast?

Have you riden the other ones?

Thank you seblg

4. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

I am not aware of anybody who sells complete BT bikes. You should probably try to find a distributor in Europe closest to you. I am not sure if there is anybody closer than UK though...

5. davilongo

davilongo New Member

But I think that building a Bt by parts is more expensive than buy a complet Echo or Zoo at least here in Europe

6. Orkje

Orkje New Member

I live in Belgium. I've ordered a BT from Poland (from the manufacturer) and everything went smoothly. The frame costs only 315 euros, which is A LOT less than the +- 600 you'll pay for a Pure/Pitbull. A built Pure/Pitbull may cost less but I'm not too sure.
    Anyway, I think the BT is a better frame, too. Go for it.

7. davilongo

davilongo New Member

Thanks arje but here in Spain I can get the Pure or Pitbull Frame about 399 euros in www.biketrialshop.com . I still Worked with them and they are serious. but if really the Bt is better I´d like to meet a shop to buy a complete Bt . Where do you buy it? orkje

8. Bigman 86

Bigman 86 Bigman, Because i am ;)

BT RAVEN 4 or 5, best frame out atm, beat any other frame hands down, well out of the frame i have ridden: koxx LB, 03 and 05 XTP, pure.
    Honestly for the money you will not buy a better frame.

9. AndyT

AndyT New Member

10. Levelboss

Levelboss Guest

I ride a RAVen4.0 and I can honestly recommend it to You. Never tried Pure though.
    The only flaw of the BT is rear fork stiffness, which requires some serious reinforcing with a decent booster. It's sufficient, but since we're comparing with XTPs...too bad it doesn't have a CNC machined yoke as well:). You should also consider the lenght of all three bikes, which might not exactly suit You, since You're riding street mainly (maybe a Bounce or (not yet released) BT Urban would prove better).
    I'm not aware of any available BT bike sets, or whole bikes.

11. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

The raven isnt that good....Certainly wouldn't say best frame out. The frame is just so damn plain.

12. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

I'd get an echo urban, I wish I had one.

13. Bigman 86

Bigman 86 Bigman, Because i am ;)

Yes, the raven is That good, there are loads of locals, one who rides an echo urban, and has just brought a BT4 because it was far superiour, another who had a koxx and brought a BT5 that is way nicer to ride than a koxx LB, another guy who rides a koxx LB and is seriously considering a change to a BT4 so they are that good.

And who cares if they are plain, as long as they ride well, and they do who cares what they look like.

14. sebLG

sebLG New Member

well judging by the number of pictures of your bike you post, you care what your bike looks like ... dont start a flame war though ...

... oh and i think the bt's look hot anyway. plain is the IN thing! get with the times :p its hard to be creative with the cosmetics of a bike without wasting money or whateverrrr.

... anyway i say out of the options he gave in the title of his thread, bt is definately superior, but i cant say its the best out there. i think its just the best all around, that incudes price, but in disreagard of price definately not ... is that what you meant, bigman? because you seemed to contradict yourself in say "its hands down the best frame out there", and then going on to say "for the money you will not buy a better frame" ... and also, of course the bt is better than a damn levelboss, its newer. levelboss's are old and have "out of date" geometry ... sortof. and pures have almost the same geometry so that rules them out too. and whatever.

but yeha i say beetee ...

ps: that didnt make sense did it.

15. bwagner

bwagner New Member

PLAIN?? Oh, you mean because it doesn't look like much else, or because it doesn't have any gimmicks? This picture doesn't look "plain" to me:

16. Orkje

Orkje New Member

Kick ass pic, bwagner!
    @ davilongo, I ordered my RAVen directly from Poland at www.biketrial.pl. Rafal is a top guy when it comes to service.