ps2 or xbox?

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by sharpe, Aug 29, 2004.

1. sharpe

sharpe Guest

my sister and i want to get a "game playing device" because we are bored sheightless at home, but the question is, is a xbox or a ps2 better? xbox is cheaper by about $80.

2. nidoss

nidoss Guest

I personally like the PS2 just becuase i cant stand the xbox controllers, but the xbox is newer, faster and the games look nicer.

3. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

You have a sister Sharpie? :p How old is she?

Oh yeah, PS2.

4. pav

pav New Member

2nd Rush, PS2 it is!

5. KyleT

KyleT Guest

XBOX all the way. People say the controller is like a dinner plate, but they probably just have small hands. The fact that you have a 50, 000+ block (I am not sure what that is in GB) HDD which you can use to store music and saved games, which means you don't need to use your PC for music storage as much, and you don't need a memory card like in the PS2.

You can also get the XBOX chipped by private technicians, or anyone that knows how to do it, to store DVD movies and entire games on there, but be careful, getting it chipped by a non-microsoft employee ( i don't think microsoft will chip it anyway) will render your warantee void, or so I have heard. If you have a broadband connection you can get a shared connection ot the XBOX, which means you can play online with XBOX Live compatible games, but you need a subscription which i think costs a bit. Just get an XBOX

6. unlimits

unlimits New Member

Xbox is more powerfull the Ps2 and you can put pc components and a bios on the xbox to improve it (you can put a big hard disk and put codecs in the bios so you can have games, fimls and music in it). Ps2 games are normally quite good but expensive and you don't have the advantage of the HD...

7. Peace

Peace pedocrab

xbox suck balls! they have less games, a lot of which are SHIT, controllers suck balls, you need to pay to get it online. ps2 is free. I have it and it awesome!
    Xbox will NEVER have the best car racing serious ever made Gran Turismo. And Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will take atleast a few months to come out on xbox, and that is the greatest, most enjoyable longa lasting game to ever come out on ps2. So yeah go get an xbox and store dvd's.... If you want it for games.... then get a ps2, if you want those other features then get an x-box. My friends who have x-box's now want ps2's because of the games coming out on them exclusively or months earlier....
    Peace

8. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Maybe the graphics on PS2 arent as good, but the gameplay is much better to me. Also the controller issue for smaller hands sucks as well. And in the area of most good games, the PS2 flat out owns the X-box. I do however agree with the larger memory available to X-box owners, it'll be nice when the systems have a nice Harddrive built in, so that there are no memory card devices needed. I'm waiting for a new third party system from a company that will make it cross compatible! That would be noce, it might entail a few royalty fees from the manufacturer to be paid directly to Sony and Microsoft, but it sure would be nice. Anyone heard any news about the PS3?? Even some news on GT4 would be cool, after all it's only been a couple years ;)

9. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Since there is only one video game to ever play, grand theft auto, and the PS2 gets them a year before the Xbox games.... Ps2 is the only thing to buy.

10. Trialsking

Trialsking Retired from Trials

Xbox all the way. 8 GB hard drive, lightyears better graphics card, HALO 1 and HALO 2. And the PS2 is NOT free to get on line. Need to pay PER game. Xbox Live is 1 fee for ALL online games.

PS2 you have to PAY extra for:
    Memory card to save games
    Network Adaptor and Hard Drive for Online Play

XBOX alll included

Just get the small controller.

Yes PS2 has more OLD games in their library, but besides the new GTA, XBOX and PS2 get 99% of all new releases at the same time.
    Just look at any game review mag, and they will tell you ALL games look and play WAY better on XBOX.

11. Trialsking

Trialsking Retired from Trials

Or you could wait for XBOX 2 or PS3. Which ever comes out last will be "the shit" console, and 10 times better than XBOX or PS2!

12. AndyT

AndyT New Member

No san andreas no care.

seriously there is only one video game ever made to play. that is it.

13. OnzaNewbie

OnzaNewbie New Member

HHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! not in the UK, here the PS2 is free all year round online, one off price for the adapter of about $25 (about), and the XBOX you pay about $75 dollars per year...

Oh yer, PS2 all the way mate!

14. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

15. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

0 dollars per year here, I just play with myself.

- Joel

16. nidoss

nidoss Guest

you can also buy a harddrive for your ps2. I have a ps2, and have played on the xbox, i will never buy an xbox

17. nidoss

nidoss Guest

since when did you have to pay per play for the ps2 online? ive never seen or heard of that. sorry for the double post.

18. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

buy both.

edit: my vote goes for xbox. Halo owns any ps2 game ever. Halo 2 is going to be the best ever.

but gran turismo is a very very good game.

So just get both. One for each.

19. KyleT

KyleT Guest

I heard some SOny executive say a while ago that the PS3 would have 500, 000 times the performance of the PS2......i find that a little hard to believe. On the XBOX, Halo rocks, and Halo 2 will be even better. Most game titles that have been released or are about to be released on PS2 are on XBOX too.
    There is a controller for the XBOX formerly called the "controller S", S probably meaning small, due to the demands of gamers wanting a smaller controller. The controller S is now standard i think, and i think logitech brought out a wireless controller than can be used up to 30tf away from the XBOX console. Not that you would want to be that far away from the thing...who the hell sits that far away? You would need a mega screen

20. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling