progress

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by cogmog, May 8, 2004.

1. cogmog

cogmog Member

Wow...first good progress day in a while! rode at university of Pennsylvania (PENN) about 20 minutes form my house. It was my first time there and it is sick! I was seriousily missing Boulder campus riding, but this campus believe it or not surpasses it! Kevin, Andrew, etc...you guys would find some amazing lines here. Im definetly getting smoother and better at larger ups, rails and natty. I LOVE DAYS LIKE THIS!!! progress progress progress! The campus has great natural and urban stuff....and my god, the ass factor is unbleievable!!! Anyway, just really happy with progress and just wanted to let anyone who finds themselves in the philly area with there bike and wants to ride know, PENN is a must do! Really estetic campus, and the cops are way cool!! One of them watched me ride this section of natty and then said "nice balance, but you gotta move on" saw a few other campus cops and they didnt even say anything! :bigthumb: I'll post some pics next time I ride there!!!

2. JK

JK New Member

I was in philly all last week. Some many random rocks everywhere. Pretty much everywhere you go there are piles of rocks. Great for trials. I wouldn't ever ride urban if I lived there.

3. B1105

B1105 New Member

Yea Im like 15 min from Princeton University, and the urban is really nice but no natural whatsoever. The only difference is that the cops are ASSHOLES at Princeton, and the kids are kinda jackasses,(at least the ones that come into my shop).

4. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

one of my good friends is going to penn this next year and i might make a trip out to visit her. if i do i am bringing my bike and having some fun with that as well. from what i have seen of that campus from pictures and such it does look pretty good. if i had any desire to apply myself and have good work ethics i might be able to get in there. pfft... i wouldnt fit it there.

i just had a fantastic day of riding. after two rides ended early by two stupid ass crashes in the past 5 days i was able to nail a bunch of stuff i was really happy about today that should be in cotrials 13. funny how one good day can make up for a huge run of horrible riding.

5. B1105

B1105 New Member

have you decided where your going? my sister is going to rutgers, she wasnt happy, but got waitlisted at all her other schools

6. WhiteRavenKS

im going to CU in Boulder to give it a try next year and then see where life takes me from there. penn would be nice and all if i wanted to live up to my academic potential but i dont see how a piece fo paper from an ivy league school is going to make me happy in life.

7. cogmog

cogmog Member

Kevin, if you do end up visiting your friend, drop me a pm, I'll meet up with ya on campus for a little ridin!

8. WhiteRavenKS

sounds good- visiting her is just a tentative plan though. money and time are probably going to be big issues but if not i will be sure to catch up with some locals such as yo'self for some riding!

9. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Big dave when you going to come out and visit us...hit up some toy's, get your favorite gap by the rec center ;)

Keep it real

10. cogmog

cogmog Member

ahhh...a little friday buffet :bigthumb: It'll be a while till im out that way again. Gettin married in September, than its off to Jamaica in december for the honeymoon! The marriage thing and honeymoon is killin me for money!! But I would love to make it out there sometime. And hit the old gap! Although that's probably way under me now! Im ridin alot better! :cool:

11. valiumlaw

valiumlaw Guest

What shop have you got?

12. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

My wife went to Penn state and then CU. She claims that both helped her out alot, but CU's program was the same academically wise. My theory on the whole thing? Just graduate in something that will land you a job that has flexibility and pays an assload.

13. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Thats a real easy thing to do in this day and age too- gooooooo economy!