Pretty stupid DX32 question, but I need an answer

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by BrettM, Nov 10, 2004.

1. BrettM

BrettM New Member

For anyone with a 36 hole dx32 sitting around.

Does it have eyelets or no? It has to be a 36 hole one and not a 32 hole one and it had to be originally sold by Alex, so no dx32's with Planet X stickers on it or what not.

Thanks for the help and sorry for the really dumb question. But I need to know.

2. Elan

Elan steve french

i had a 36h dx-32 front rim with no eyelets. ins in my photo gallery i believe

3. digby

digby New Member

i'm looking at mine right now, it is sans eyelet

4. will4eva7k

will4eva7k TrialsDEN.com

i got 3 dx 32's :Wavey:

36h black 26" - eyeletted
    36h black 24" - eyeletted
    32h yellow 26"- non-eyletted

5. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Is the 36 hole 26 inch one made by Alex with the regular Alex logo on there? Or is it made for another company?

6. will4eva7k

will4eva7k TrialsDEN.com

yep, all 3 of them have the alexrims dx32 stickers and some other info on it; downhill, 6061ti or something etc

7. goose

goose New Member

has eyelets

I have a 36h DX-32, and it is Alex branded with the big yellow sticker. It has eyelets... Got it built from webcyclery about a year ago...

an old pic that shows the eyelets and the big ALEX decal on the rim:

http://www.cim.mcgill.ca/~andrewg/norcoteamtrials/grind_plaz.JPG

I was attempting to show some fellow riders what I meant by a ground rim, they didn't believe I'd purposely thin the rim:)

goose

Last edited: Nov 10, 2004
  8. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Well I'm hoping its some crazy Australia rim because I've never seen an eyeletted 36 hole dx32 here. Only 32 hole ones. I have one eyeletted 36 hole one but its a crazy uk planet x one.

9. Elan

Elan steve french

why is it such a big deal.. ? just wondering :shrug:

10. BrettM

BrettM New Member

It's for my new bike. I wanted to paint the rims instead of polish them this time. I ran a painted rim before and where the eyelet meets the rim the paint cracks and looks bad. I know some dx32s come with no eyelets so I figured I'd do that. Plus it knocks off 30 or so grams of weight I just don't need. I've never wrecked a rear rim and I've ran dx32s with no eyelets before.Like I said in the topic its for a really stupid purpose. I only deal with online stores and the store I deal with never answers the phone. So I figured I'd check my odds of getting one with no eyelets. The 32 hole description mentions eyelets, but the 36 hole one doesn't, so I'm gonna roll the dice.

11. MikeTheBike

MikeTheBike Active Member

12. MikeTheBike

MikeTheBike Active Member

13. felix

felix New Member

Look at the weight! I think, 1125g is a bit too much for a rim.

14. digby

digby New Member

OMG you sound worse than a roadie. I hope youve got touch up paint for when your chain slaps your chainstay a little too hard

15. digby

digby New Member

next youre gonna tell me he buffs and wax's his bashring after each ride.

Oh almost forgot, fresh grips every ride too.

16. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Like I said it was for a stupid question but quite honestly I couldn't give a fuck aboots riding my bike lately and I'm a lot more into working on a bike. I don't really wanna explain the whole deal but I've always been more into working on my trials bike than riding it. I dunno if you are aware of this but some people are different than you are sadly.

I've never touched up anything and don't give a flying fuck what it looks like after but lately when I've got a new frame I've gotten a few new parts and make it look pretty for the first picture and thats it.

And Justin you should really talk. I should post the pics of your bike where you took a red felt pen and colored the chain and rotor to make it match your paint job. Tool.

Thanks to those who actually answered the question. I don't care if anyone wants to know why but I'm pretty sure I don't give a fuck what you think aboots it so don't waste your time in posting. Thanks

17. chronic

chronic Dungeonmaster's Guide

That mt43 would be pretty sweet if you drilled the shit out of it...At least 1" holes.

Edit here...

Wow, that was quite the hoedown. I'll send you my bike and you can make it look like gold, but I'll assure you, I'm going to beat the hell out of it. So maybe you work is better left on display. :squint:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  18. BrettM

BrettM New Member

I'm almost positive you couldn't get it down to an "acceptable" weight for trials. I doubt you could get it below 900 or 800 grams. Its not too much wider than a DX32 and narrower than a Try All and both are around half that when drilled.