Pretty crazy Island built mod frame

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by BrettM, Sep 25, 2004.

1. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Built and painted by the Brain family. Kevin Brain rode a custom blue mod for a second in my last video and this is his little brothers custom red one. Its designed, welded and painted all in house. Not bad.

http://canada.bike-trials.com/albums/userpics/10059/normal_000_1235.JPG

One of these days I'll get around to uploading the pics of the bike John Webster made a couple years ago. Its not the most functional thing you'll ever see, but the wheelbase makes that Vinco look like a Norco.

2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

funktastic design, I like it.

3. Pitote

Pitote Guest

immense standover.

4. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

reminds me of thes ethings i used to ride way way way back in the day. it was similar but it had a giant spring attaching it to the ground in the sandbox...

unique though, i must say that! good to see people toying with their own designs and stuff.

5. Josh_Helliwell

Josh_Helliwell Josh_Helliwell

6. BrettM

BrettM New Member

I'm no fan either but with everone going this company copied that and where is the innovation and what not, there it is. Just something for people to look at. No more and no less.

7. Ross

Ross New Member

looks flexy. how does it ride?

8. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

crazy shit. props to the people that built that.

the look of it make me laugh though, i'm not sure if that is a good thing.

9. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Props for doing your own thing. I've been wanting to build a frame for years now, and can't seem to come up with the time to do it!Good luck in the future with anything else you might do

10. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Very interesting, love the standover, but it really looks like it would snap at the seat-tube. Good to see a different design though.

11. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

I would like to see the pics of the bike webster made?

12. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

I remember seeing those pics of Webster's crazy frame on Pinkbike a long while ago, definately interesting. I should have saved them, it looked nuts.

13. Elan

Elan steve french

that bike looks like shit. that is my opinion.

14. giventofly

giventofly I like Hops

how does it ride....it looks like you'd have tons of standover, but at a cost of it being spongy and unresponsive. Cool to see new ideas, though!

15. BrettM

BrettM New Member

I love how despite what people say looks are usually what matters in trials. Not function or how a bike rides. If it looked regular everyones posts would be it looks like a Monty. It looks like a Koxx. It looks like an Echo.

The bike was built to ride well and have crazy standover. Mission accomplished.

As for how it rides it is Kevin's younger brothers. I don't think he is too serious of a rider so I would have no idea. I would assume it is flexier than it probably should be, but I believe the rider was a beginner or maybe a sport level rider. He's a smaller kid and the bike rolls, seems perfect for him.

If you think that bike looks like ass wait until I post Johns frame. Just to wet some appetites John made this bike when Koxx had the 1065 as the longest frame. That was the only long frame on the market at the time. This frame was well over 1100 and made the Vinco look like a Norco in terms of wheelbase. John was onto something well before most people even understood potential benefits of a bike longer than a Zebdi.

16. Elan

Elan steve french

when i said "it looks like shit" i should have said it "seems like it would ride like siht." icould care less about aesthetics.

sorry.

17. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Probably would ride like shit with you on it. When you do a custom frame you do it for yourself. Not for anyone else. I'm sure a barely hundred pound beginner/sport rider that just wanted standover got a bike he was quite happy with.

I'm sure you'd say my bike rides like shit. I know I would say your bike rides like shit. Does that make it so? No.

18. Elan

Elan steve french

nice argument. pfft. nevermind.

anywho.... that shit looks scary to me. but for the sake of controversy. what a fabulous new idea!

19. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Haha. Of course it looks scary to you. It does to me to. I'm sure you'd snap it in a month.