possible to upgrade hub engagements?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by will4eva7k, Oct 7, 2004.

1. will4eva7k

will4eva7k TrialsDEN.com

possible to upgrade hub engagements on a gt gadley?

hi

just wondering if anyone knows if a gt hadley hub can be upgraded so it can have more engagements and how/where to get the parts to do it?

this hub here only has 24 engagements, and i was thinking of it can be upgraded, it can be a less costly alternative to a king or as a spare wheel i need

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/viewproduct.asp?category=Wheels+Hubs&ModelID=1793

thx

Last edited: Oct 7, 2004
  2. chronic

chronic Dungeonmaster's Guide

Email hadley and ask them.

3. digby

digby New Member

I think graham did something like this with the original white industires freewheel, which is why today we have eno freewheels. I think he replaced the pawls with something beefier and added more of them? Not too sure, but I know that dicking around with my hubs engagement as a cheap way of getting more performance is not the safest sounding thing. What if you screw something up and it dies on you in mid gap or mid drop. The king hub is cheap insurance, unless you get one of them that skips all the time.

4. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

go graham!

i highly doubt the hub is easily upgraded.

5. domino

domino Guest

hi,

i´m sorry my english isn´t really good.
    and will4eva7k don´t buy these hub.it´s the biggest shit i´ve ever ridden.
    it broke after a month.

cya
    alex

6. will4eva7k

will4eva7k TrialsDEN.com

they look good though!!

thanks domino man, yeah, i've been reading around and they seem to be good for their looks, but apparantly they work like peices of shit like you said

i made my order a few hours ago, so yeah, i'll be gettin a king in the near future

thanks for the help guys

7. chronic

chronic Dungeonmaster's Guide

You know the shimano saint hubs, their free hub body's have 32 engagement points.
    Do you think some one with a regular shimano hub could swap their free hub body for the ones saint uses? or are they larger or differently designed? That could be a good alternative for some one who has absolutely no money.
    I was just thinking, I just got up. I could be a bit slow eh.

8. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

hadley does make a high engagement version of their hub. they might be able to swith the internals for you.

9. will4eva7k

will4eva7k TrialsDEN.com

well, its just for kinda a spare wheel, or to use for now

internals can be quite costly cant they?

10. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

yes they can be costly. basically all you keep on the hadley is the shell and axle. the cassette body and drive mechanism are different i think. its cheaper than a new hub so if thats a factor, go for it. good luck finding a hadley website though- you will have to go through a local shop or something to get ahold of them. even then they can be hard to track down (phone tag and crap).