Observed Trials banner
381 - 400 of 439 Posts

· NOW WITH MORE SODIUM! SWEET JESUS!
1,329 Posts
Shiet. You said you don't like working in the rain...? :joshers: What's sweet about Portland proper though is it's an hour and a half from the jellyfish infested, garbage strewn, sewage filled beaches that get rampaged by Japanese flotsam due to the Tohoku earthquake and an hour and a half from the mountains that always get shutdown because some fat hippie ass-hat decides to pull a Bear Grylls and get lost on a ski-resort 3-thousand feet up and attempts to drink their own piss.
:rofl: just choked on my coffee
There you go, coffee. Your a Portlander. Your hired, welcome.

· Registered
18 Posts
Ah, nuts. Well, if you're ever around again, let me know. I'm the trials cheerleader for Portland, apparently, but no one else rides as often as me /sadtrombone. I'm sure you'd love to ride in either hot and humid weather again or rain the rest of the year…

· Registered
68 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm riding just about every weekday at lunch at Irving Park - pretty cool spot - and I'll be looking for a regular weekend ride soon - but probably mornings, as I have family obligations most weekends.

So, if you're looking to get schooled by an OG rider from the golden age of East Coast trials, drop me a line! I'll be the guy on the beat down Coustellier.

· Adapt, evolve, survive.
7,226 Posts
Budget's too tight to drop in at this point.

Just vacationed in Portland with the GF by attending two weddings; one in Bend and the other at Bridal Falls.

We brought beach cruisers. :hsugh:

And as much as I love Portland, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a hipster though hipsters we may be.

I need to build the Inspired back up (read: build another wheel set for the jumper).

· Registered
68 Posts
bundee80 said:
What kind of stuff is over there? Only played tennis there and have never ventured past the courts.
Right beside the tennis courts, just on the other side of the brick building is a three tiered decommissioned wading pool. Lots of cool lines and graduated side hops, gaps and balance stuff.

· NOW WITH MORE SODIUM! SWEET JESUS!
1,329 Posts
Need a change of scenery, selling my trials rig. It's on craigslist if anyone cares.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #396 ·
I'll be in Portland Sept 7 and 8. I'll have a road bike. I'll be drinking a lot and hitting up strip clubs. And Zoobomb. Who wants to party?

· Premium Member
859 Posts
I've got an Inspired Hex I've been thinking about selling.

Dada, hit me up when you get in. Not doing the trials so much but built up a go-fast bike myself.

Need somewhere to crash? Still got my number?

Doug, thoroughly disappointed we didn't meet for a beer. You guys were probably busy anyways.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #399 ·
Nomer, PM me your number. I lose my phone/contacts at least once a year. I've got a hotel room and am bringing at least one person who will also have a road bike, no trials involved. Plan is to check out Cyclepedia at PAM and do some riding around the city and get drunk and... whatever.

Was thinking about Big Eastside Loop or Sauvie & Skyline. Any thoughts/experience with any of the routes below? I've never ridden a non-trials bicycle in Portland.

http://www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/article/339920

· Premium Member
859 Posts
PM'd. Didn't check that link before I messaged you though. That big east side loop wouldn't really be that entertaining from a tourist perspective.

Rides 6, 7, 1 and 9 would be good. 1 and 6 particularly for pub crawls.

381 - 400 of 439 Posts