Observed Trials banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

· Premium Member
859 Posts
Where's the good riding?

I'll be there this weekend, who wants to ride Saturday the 13th? Probably Sunday too.

Ive got room for 2 more trials bikes if any Seattle crew wants to come along.
Werd. I'm working all weekend, but am off at 4 on Saturday. If you're still out then, I'm down. I usually ride after dark anyway, because less fuzz is out and a couple fountains get shut off for the day.

Waterfront, Keller Auditorium fountain, PSU campus, Jameson (sp?) Square and some other spots. Waterfront might be a bit crowded during the day, because Saturday Market just started back up. J, you got my number - use it.

· Premium Member
859 Posts
You's some classy bitches. Hey Joel, do you think it would be possible to send with Jason your Chris King toolkit? Just need to do a quick tighten. It would come back up with him obviously. If not, thanks anyway. If so, thanks!

And, god dammit! Where are all you Portlanders? Come out of the woodwork!

· Premium Member
859 Posts
Hey, when is that Dub step show? I may end up coming down with my little brother?

As far as the tool kit goes, you don't need it to tighten anything down. You do need it if you want to press the bearings out of the hub shell for complete rebuild. I'd be happy to do it but it takes about an hour of service at a clean well lit workbench.
:werd: Thanks.

Fuck, I hope i don't jinx us, but it's supposed to be sunny on Saturday.:x:

· Premium Member
859 Posts
Shit. When you're fat, overweight, and a smoker, that makes a difference. I live in the burbs here, so biking anywhere is more trouble than it's worth. I miss living downtown. :wtc:

Fair enough on the gearing. Truth be told, I'm just a lazy fuck.

· Premium Member
859 Posts
well shoot, i've got another two weeks livin in PDX. if any more rides shape up I'm in. probably going to hit up waterfront saturday night if anybody wants in.
If you're still heading to waterfront, we're down to meet up. We'll be downtown around 7:30ish. Gonna start around the PSU area, down to waterfront and probably finish around the Pearl. Hopefully you see this before you go. If you do, call 971-216-9934.

· Premium Member
859 Posts
Anyone riding this week? I'm feeling an urge.
I shouldn't be complaining about this - because I'm a native Oregonian - but it's supposed to be wet. Tomorrow would have my only free day, but I'm covering a shift at work. Sunday after 6 may work, though. Tuesday after 8 or Wednesday after 7 may work next week too.

Hey, smudge: Do you do custom geometries on your frames? One of my buddies cousins in Indonesia is looking for an old school Litespeed frame, and I'm pretty sure he's willing to pay top dollar. I thought of you when I heard this.

· Premium Member
859 Posts
Don't let the weather stop you.
Joel, I probably sound like a big pussy to you, huh? First, I complain about the hills in Seattle; now, about the rain in the NW... :greddy:

The rain only partially stops me, because I don't have very riding-friendly rain gear. I'd probably go out for a ride and come home with pneumonia.

· Premium Member
859 Posts
oh and btw...pneumonia is probably better than what you came home with from the bar last weekend, that shit is for life! lmao! omg im funny!!!!
This is coming from the guy that won't ride on the sidewalk in front of his house when it's sprinkling?

· Premium Member
859 Posts
You Portland boys know how to welcome a guest. Good times and fun ride.
No problem, mang. You survived the death-cycle. Makes you alright in my book. :h5: Let us know if you're in town again.

I'm fairly positive that I'm responsible for the crappy weather. I'm leaving for the east coast this week, watch for the most incredible weather so far this year.
Hahahaha... Thanks for the good vibes. We enjoyed the sun!

· Premium Member
859 Posts
Hey guys I'm new in Portland and unfortunately had to let my bike go for the move. On the plus side this gives me a reason to start again... So i'm looking to get some parts together or get a decent used full 24 or 26 Short (I'm about 5'7") I'm still quite a noob I've been riding trials for about a year but I've had noone to ride with so the curve has been a little difficult more accidental discoveries than anything else. My last bike was essentially a dirt jumper with a few mods to make it more trialsy, I'm looking to go trials specific this time though as I feel I'm confident I want to stick with it and therefore can justify the money;). I'll have about 400-500 to get started and would like to have something rideable very soon so I can make you guys teach me some new sh*t.
Dang. A day late and a dollar short. I just sold both my spare bikes. I've got some parts laying around I may be able to let go of. What part of town are you in?

Robbie and I are riding the plaza at 4th and clay starting at 9 tomorrow morning if anyone wants to join.

Jon - 720 289 6074
Argh. How long you guys gonna be out? I've got to get ready for the trip up north. Picking up a rental and ish like that around noonish, so I'm not sure when I'll free up. I've got class at 3 and will leave for Seattle at 5 after class.

There are some other good spots too close to the auditorium you're going to. Check out in front of the PSU bookstore on 5th and Mill, I think.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts