Observed Trials banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· NOW WITH MORE SODIUM! SWEET JESUS!
1,329 Posts
Random question. Wheres a safe place to park, night/day for free in PDX? Been parking at the train station but don't know how safe it is at night (for the car).

Built up my old ass XC bike and want to hook up one day if my newbiness doesn't cramp anyone's style. Weather permitting obviously. :naughty:

1,329 Posts
I would be(and still am) down to ride this Saturday sometime. But the weather reports are awful in their delivery. First it's 20% rain. Then it's 40%. Last check 30%, Now it's 70%. Anymore teasing from our local weather reporters and I feel some obligation to pay them. :wuteva:

Does any one have any dry havens they know?

1,329 Posts
Okay so what gives, mates? This thread is deader than a Tanning Saloon in Chernobyl. Does anyone have any rides planned or what? Anyone with a joke? Anybody take a real good poo and want to share the details on the interwebs? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Throw me a bone people.

I'm listening to Elixir by Skism and am pumped up like a M*****F*****.:run:

1,329 Posts
And just what the hell is wrong with woodland? Woodland is the SHIT! Everyone has weed there! We'll just have to hook up a ride when we all have time. It's been wetter these days than a fat chick watching Ryan Reynolds eating a doughnut. It is 3 types of straight gay. I'll check my PM's and see who's numbers I have and don't have. I'll PM you mine here in a bit.

I live on the outskirts of Battle Ground. Technically a different province but Battle Ground is the closest town I reside in. I rode today in the rain. Even managed a hop from rear wheel to rear wheel up a stair. I AM FRACKING PROFESSIONAL! (I want to take this opportunity to thank my sponsors, um, God, with him all is possible, Jesus, Oprah, God again, Marisa Tomei...)

Do you guys know any Uni riders? I've met a guy who rides a Uni KOXX and even made an edit for him. Only met him once but he shreds hard. I have been trying to get a hold of him so we could hook up a ride. Spencer DeGrandpre. Link> [ame]http://www.vimeo.com/15038540[/ame]

Let's do dis mon. Rasta.

1,329 Posts
damn dood you high on crack? reading your posts make me wanna throw a chair through a window and light my block on fire! lmao! im always down to ride, so you need to make your may from the sticks and come to the city!
Hahaha, is the chair throwing and the block burning good? No I actually despise drugs of all kinds and have no interest in using any of them. I have never smoked anything in my life. Except Salmon. Smoked salmon is delish. Riding is my crack and addiction. Life is an journey and an adventure. There is never enough time to laugh and act a bit weird. My insanity, amusingly is the only thing that keeps me sane. That and ice cream. ;)

1,329 Posts
I'm gonna pretend you didn't mention unicycle stuff. (If you haven't figured it out, it's taboo on OTN.) Refrain from posting it elsewhere, or you'll get flamed hard.
I kind of figured that out for myself that OTN took a dim view to Unicyclist's, and I feel that's absolute bullshit. I realize it is utterly pointless to start ranting about this over the interwebs but I mean really. What they do (TRIALS Uni's) is the same as what trial'ers do minus one wheel.

This is the same retarded crap that plauges BMX'ers and Skaters. As much as anyone will vehemently deny my logic purely for image, what skaters do and BMXer's do couldn't be ANY more alike. Both enjoy skate facilities of all types. Both enjoy and ride street, and more often than not the same spots. Both are extreme sports centered to an individual style, talent, technique, and discipline. Because of it's individuality, they both are potentially detrimental to society individually and as a whole in some aspects. They could be viewed as the bad boys of extreme sports.

As someone who has been physically assaulted to the third degree by a skater, I hold no personal grudge of the sport or it's individuals by wrongly categorizing him into the rest of the skater scene. I know plenty of BMXer's that are complete assholes and really don't deserve anything but a nice, soft jab to the rectum with a hot branding iron. The problem these days is the only way to get socially accepted in the skate/bmx scene is to shun one another, even certain fellow riders. THIS is why trials is great. There is such a small number of trials riders worldwide that we enjoy the company we have. It would be fair to note that the general age of trials riders are higher than most of the BMXing scene; pointless as this all is I do feel maturity has significance. That is of course an uneducated guess, as I do not personally know any trials riders. Yet.

I will say for the record that I discriminate riders not by what they choose to ride, how they ride what they ride, or why they do the things they do, but will be judged by how they are as human beings. Everyone will have their opinion, and should be able to voice said opinions (within reason) just as I will freely voice my own. The majority of OTN's users can hate the uni wheels, that is their right. I will personally choose to embrace them as fellow riders who can in turn bring more to the sport. I'd feel just as honored to ride alongside of them as any trials rider. I certainly won't get banned for sticking up for them. If I do, then OTN is obviously not the place for me.

I know all too well my little soapbox rant is completely and utterly pointless and I've still gone and made myself all cranky. :rant: Lol.

1,329 Posts
As an extra side note, my bitch rant above should in no way be misconstrued as personal in anyway at all. I'm merely voicing my own opinion on something I passionately believe to be an irrational injustice, albeit small and not of any significant importance, but a retarded injustice all the same. That being said I will refrain from starting an "Uni+I vs OTN" thread for the sake of everyone's sanity. Hahaha.

1,329 Posts
Absolutely SICK! Will you install a bash plate or let the chain guard serve that purpose? NOW we have to ride!

BTW thanks Nomer for your kind compliment on my video's. Believe it or not I find most of my own stuff unwatchable. I believe I have alot of potential to make good stuff but for now it's mediocre, in my opinion. I am learning, and getting better. I have VERY modest equipment so I have to make do with what I have. I did buy a brand new camera stabilizer and am really excited to see what comes of it. It would be a honor to be the first to take, make, and edit decent footage of Portland trials riders. The only high quality production that seems to come out of here is Ryan Leech's video part from... that one mountain bike video which I have forgot the name of. You guys will know. :p

Ducks suck. :Owned: Never did get the point of basketball.

1,329 Posts
Yeah, like what's the point? They skate around a use an over-sized golf club made of wood to chuck a black disk in a large oval netting. WTF?

1,329 Posts
Michael - we're going riding today (Wednesday) downtown PDX around 11ish if you wanna meet up. Text.
Not sure if this was directed at MAK or I, but if it was I, sorry I didn't get to the message in time. I worked that night anyway. I wanted to ride today but getting only a few hours of sleep, and forced to do various other errands that can all be described using primarily the word "cluster" came in to play. :wtc:

When the clouds break, and our schedules mesh, I'll make you guys a treat of a video.

1,329 Posts
So, like what gives? I show up at PDX today thinkin some gnar would be shredded and I end up looking a bit of O' day old Lolly in me nifty spandex shorts that form an earthly seal around my voluptuous bum.

So I ask, when we could be together, you lot weren't there.

WHY WEREN'T YOU THERE? ! ? !

1,329 Posts
Some out-of-control Somalian kid in my basketball class landed a flying knee into my scapula when I faked him out on a fast break. Definitely bruised bone. Muscle sore too. I would have been about as useful as an asshole on an elbow today.
Oh yeah I totally caught that game...

1,329 Posts
ridin tonight from PSU at 8:00 if anybody is interested
Howdy! :Wavey:

I won't be able to make it tonight unfortunately. What do you ride? I rode through PSU yesterday, maybe you saw me. Stock bike, bright ass red tire, orange pack...

1,329 Posts
Oooo, count the newbie in!!! Unless I cramp everyone's style. I have been known to do that. Lol.

1,329 Posts
I asked the boss-man for Sat off so maybe if he and the weather cooperate we could make a day out of it. Hopefully my wheel can be built in time without breaking another vice and two chain-whips. :ugh2:

1,329 Posts
Hey fucker. You're coming. I know you've got no bike - that's why you can ride my other one. I don't care if you're sick... Vaginitis don't count anyway.
:barf:

Your such an ass Haha. When I say I'm sick, I mean, I am fucking sick. I pretty much threw up on my boss today at work. Fucker left early cause HE was sick and I had to cover for his and my shift. What a tosh. And you will never convince me to ride that pile of an Inspired again with the slipping bars and the squeaky ass disc brake that sounds like a small marsupial being raped. I'm out. Sick, broke ass bike, fuck I'm pissed. I could drop-kick a small puppy right now.

1,329 Posts
Awesome riding in there gentlemen. Sorry I missed it. :bigthumb:

1,329 Posts
Just remember, the first step is admitting you have a problem. Do we get to know what frame you're building or is it a secret?
Your in luck. I have obtained a raw spy-shot picture at great expense to the photographer, (He died after the picture was taken) of Oldskooltrialsrider's new bike, and him on it practicing a new maneuver for the next group ride several weeks from now. It even has the disc brakes.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts