Planet X Tibo

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by MikeTheBike, Feb 20, 2004.

1. MikeTheBike

MikeTheBike Active Member

From http://www.teamplanetx.com/ Product News:

2/13/04 - More new stuff

It seems the latest trials fad is the long wheelbase UCI style frame, everyone wants to ride like a French man. Ok we can do that, enter the Tibo. As all the trialsy folks out there will know, top French Trials type Tibo Marriaux rode for us in 2003 and while he was not riding he was designing. Check out what he came up with.

New 04 UCI Tibo
    Constructed 7000 aluminum tubes, featuring over size top and down tubes. Disc or Magura mounts

Geometry :
    Wheelbase 1050mm , Chainstays 390mm , Bottom bracket +20mm high , Head angle 73° and Seat tube angle 68.5° Seat post 27.0

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

They say they could deliver.

And then they give use 1050. They need to lay off the weed, tibo designs some fucked up shit- look at the trials stem he designed (23 degree rise!?)... So we have one frenchman with a -400mm bottom bracket, and then tibo with a +20. Interesting.

3. BiKe4EvEr

BiKe4EvEr Guest

im hoping it's a joke :greddy2:

4. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Jeez..... :greddy2:

5. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

PX and Brisa should consolidate and make 3wheelers for seniors.

6. Tanner

Tanner New Member

I'd buy one, depending on the price

7. Gardenfan

Gardenfan Guest

I like the geometry of the frame. Not everyone wants or needs an 1100 wheelbase bike. With all the different geo's out there now, why should PX offer up one identical to a coustellier or koxx? Makes no sense. Choice is a good thing.

8. AndyT

AndyT New Member

you must be from trials online or something...

9. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

the woodman t-pro was not marc vinco's design.... his bike did not have that rediculously low bb when i saw him riding at worlds. he was supposed to have a signature frame with not-poo geometry but last i heard he went back to koxx.

little tibo was on this px frame wat worlds and even though he kicked my ass with ease i can at least say i didnt about break down in a pool of my own tears like a huge vjj....

10. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

11. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I agree that its nice we have a larger selection of geometries, but I think what would be even better is if they made a long wheelbase bike for an affordable price.

12. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Something about those square tubes...makes me think my knees would hate me after riding it.

13. Gardenfan

Gardenfan Guest

Echo Pure? 1080, cheaper than a zebdi, at least around here. Tibo will be about the same as a zebdi.

14. OTAdmin

Dunno where you're from, but here the Pure is $550 and the zebdi is $450.

15. Tanner

Tanner New Member

Gardenfan
    Silver Member

16. OTAdmin

Meh, While I was writing the reply I wasn't gonna go back and look to see where he was from and then go look at the prices of frames there.

17. Gardenfan

Gardenfan Guest

here the zebdi is 675 or 700, and the pure is about 675, so give or take the same price.

The chinese must not like you americans very much.

18. AndyT

AndyT New Member

They are both 675 on the trialsin shop...which is 506 USD.

Seems the brits don't like you canadians :)

19. Gardenfan

Gardenfan Guest

Ya, but if you have ever been to a british forum, you would see we have no reason to care.