Planet X Goliath/Monolith rear hub?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Ninja, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Ninja

Ninja New Member

I was thinking about getting myself rear Monolith hub since it's dirt cheap now, like 20$. Has anyone got any experience with these hubs? I weigh only 65kg and I don't go big so I hope it will last.
    Thanks for your help

2. quick_spider

quick_spider New Member

22/24 engagements.

They okay while they last. The pawls and rachet ring wear out fairly quickly - my friend had one and it lasted about 6 months.

Brant/Planet-X weren't very helpful about dealing with the problem - They seemed to think replacing the pawls every week (bearing in mind it too 3 weeks to get a new set) was an adequate solution. Anyway I digress:

At that price it's probably a good deal - will be better than a shimano.

Jon

3. Paul

Paul Guest

I haven`t used any PX hubs,but of you`re short on cash I`d recommend those chapo Quando hubs ... only 16 engagements but quite reliable.

4. Gardenfan

Gardenfan Guest

the freehub body sucks. Lasts like a week. Then you wait like a month for warranty, and it lasts another week.

5. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

Get hope... 22 solid engagements.. Far from a king. But far from a shimano too...

6. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

yea my friend had a px hub, now it has about 3 engagement points.

7. Ninja

Ninja New Member

OK, it's not the best, but how's it compared to Shimano Deore hub?

8. Elan

Elan steve french

deore hubs have shitty engagement, and you walways have to check them and keep them tight, but they are plenty reliable....