Planet-X Frames

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by jay_2004, May 26, 2004.

1. jay_2004

jay_2004 Guest

Hey everybody, I'm a NOOB here on the forums, and I had a few questions. I plant on buying another frame soon, and use a suspension fork also. What do you all think about the planet-x New Jack Flash frame. Any good for trials. I intend to build up an urban / trials ride, but want a good frame. Ive heard about the PX Ghost, but I havent been able to find any info on it really. Only on www.cycles-simtra.com really. Anyways, tell me what you think .....any suggestions welcome.

Jay

2. hey, my friend has a new jack flash and he is in love with it...he in on this forum his name is ryden, send him a PM and ask him bout it.

3. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

i would take a jack flash over the ghost i think- at least for semi-trialsy kind of use. the jack flash frame is great if you are doing mostly urban messing around. really durrable frame, good warranty coverage and it has nice geometry for that kind of riding. i would definitely go for the jack flash for what it sounds like you are intending to ride.

4. Trials_Phoenix

Trials_Phoenix Guest

I use a jackflash MK5 myself, i've had it since last october and i love it to pieces, i ride trials using a 110mm suspension fork and i find it easier to use than a rigid anyway, tho a tad heavier^_^ heh heh... plus the geometry on the jackflash is specced perfectly for anything, i'd take a jackflash over anything else

5. JK

JK New Member

Why don't you get a Zebdi? Lots of trials people are selling them used now, because there are many new and better frames out for (pure) trials. If you want, you can do BMX-style riding on a Zebdi (I'm assuming this is what you mean by street).

You will probably get hooked on trials pretty fast and a Zebdi will be a better frame.

6. Trials_Phoenix

Trials_Phoenix Guest

Lol zebdi's? ive had a loada mates snap theirs...always just on the gussets underneath the headtube, guess it must be a weakness...i aint had no problems with my jackflash for (pure) trials, and i do alot of big stuff on it, so far i think its done better than any other frame i ever used. But hey everyones entitled to opinions ^_^

7. rider

rider New Member

Yeah right.. id like to see a j-flash w susp. outride any modern uci style frame on natural...

8. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

I would've done better at my last comp on a SC bullit than a UCI bike.

Not everyone wants to ride natural.

9. Ryden

Ryden Guest

Friggin right, and besides I have mine and its a great mix. All my friends ride urban and I can go out and rip with them, then switch it up and ride trials. I might switch when I get to the point where it holds me back, but for now I love it. I've got adjustable travel on my fork too, low and almost locked for trials, high and cushy and I can hit the downhill. I love it!

10. Trials_Phoenix

Trials_Phoenix Guest

Rydens got the idea, mines good for nefin, i can hit the street and do some urban style riding, or i can hit the dirt jumps down the trails, and then if i need to, i can ride trials in jus a few short adjustments, simple, and it costs less than buying a bike for each^_^

11. streetnutter

streetnutter Guest

I ride an ols style jackflash for pure trials and love it, I think the newer jackflash has better trials geometry so it should be fine for street/trials/urban riding.

Bill

12. jay_2004

jay_2004 Guest

Well the last couple of posts have been what ive been WANTING to do...what do you guys think about a FOX vanilla 125 RLC paired up with the jack flash, OR ghost?

13. Trials_Phoenix

Trials_Phoenix Guest

I like tht combination my man, I used to run the fox vanillas on the jackflash but in the end the bushings went and i just got new forks, they were gettin on a bit, but i never had any trouble with them, tho i run dirt jumper 1's now, very nice fork... but hey each to his own, good choice my man^_^

14. Dtrials

Dtrials Guest

What is the wheelbase length of a new Jack Flash with a rigid fork?

15. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

about 800mm. Pretty long huh.:naughty: