Observed Trials banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and what you currently ride.

Ok, well I just want to see what was out there before you forked up the cash to get a trials specific bike. Or if you still haven't, what are you riding?

This is what I have right now. Talk about going broke.. and yes, the bike costs more than the car. :slap:
Anyone want to donate a bike for me to learn on? :naughty:

·
TrialsPads.com
4,434 Posts
Still riding my P3 :D Someday I'll get a trials specific bike :) Free frame from Specialized after I wrecked two older Enduro hardtail frame! Weeeeeee.

·
From your head to your fists
4,253 Posts

before and after, in the wrong order. by the way, the tires on the fuji came with it. i rode that for about 2 years. see the tire on the rear of the echo? heh. i only just got a new tire the other day :rofl:

·
Plaid, I have not gone.
849 Posts
Yeah, when I first posted that pic in another thread I said right before it that I switched it around not 1 minute after I took the pic. I have witnesses too, I noticed it while taking the pic.

There's a story behind why I was so hasty to get it on too, that's why it was backwards.

·
get high and eat her
1,585 Posts
he changed it right after the picture was taken. They were brand new and he just slapped them on and notived it was backwards a couple minutes later..

·
Plaid, I have not gone.
849 Posts
Eh, like anyone cares, but I was at a bike shop and the old dude that runs it asked what kind of bike I ride, I told him trials and he was like, "whhaaaaa?" So I told him Id show him, I went outside, slapped my spankin' new tires on in front of him and hopped around for the first time on the bike. That's why I didnt notice. :p But I did after unloading it at downtown. :sonic: I love these TryAll tires btw, even the rear, if anyone wondered.

·
Registered
33 Posts
still riding this piece, cranks need to be replaced now. have a 26 up front with a cheapo susp. fork. mountain bike handlebars and a long stem, new rear tire, 29 tooth sprocket, etc. fun bike, just wish it didn't break so often. some day I will have a real trials bike. and maybe one with a front brake!

[/img]

·
Registered
227 Posts
Don't have a pic of my original trials bike. An ancient Haro Response 20".

What I learned the basics on though, Santa Cruz Chameleon.

What I've had for the last year: Megamo Radical

Now that I've got a real digital camera, I really should get some better pictures of them.

Wait: Riding in STL, I see... would that be Castlewood State Park in the first pic, with the car? I went to school in Rolla for a few years, made many trips to STL to ride at Castlewood. Not great, but it was something. I remember many rides on the Chubb trail. Would ride the north side of the park sometimes as well. The one Missouri trail I really miss though is Berryman. One kickass ~20 mile loop trail.

Oh, and you might want to accelerate your search for a real trials bike. I worked in my LBS for awhile, selling Giant bikes. Saw way too many NRS frames come in torn in two. Often the head tube ripped off.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts

LOL...well, it's actually my freeride rig that actually forced me to get a trials bike as an 04 .243 isn't exactly "trialsy".....DJ2, Doublewide, D321, Intense 2.5 FRO tires, Evil SRS, HOPE DH4s, and Profiles didn't help keep the weight trim either...:rofl:

Now I ride:

It's half the weight...feel like I'm pedaling a feather.

·
Registered
61 Posts
this is my first bike

this is my new bike

fixed by matt, you can't click "Disable BBCode in this post" and then expect the img tags to work.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts