Pics of Polish frames!!!

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by Rob.K, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Well I just recently ordered a Mielec frame which is a small Polish company that builds frames. Pawel a nice guy who posts here occasionally helped me order one of these.
    230 canadian dollars for one frame, you can choose maggie mounts, or v-mounts, bent top tube or straight, and colour and other small things.

The geo looks like this- 1060mm wheelbase, 385mmstays and 71.5 head tube angle. and an even BB.
    here are a couple pics of them, they look similar to a couple frames I know......:ugh: .

Tell me what you think of them, I will get my frame in a few weeks and I will try to get picks of it built for y'all.
    BTW- I got the silver one in the pick except it will be white with V-mounts.

Enjoy the Pics..........

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Elan

Elan steve french

looks like a zoo piranha and a bt raven 4.0 had secks. gay secks.

3. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

bt what? haha, nice, original design. Werd to elan's statement, not sure we needed to know about the gay secks though.
    let us know how it rides, that is dirt cheap!! Those dropouts are interesting...

4. sebLG

sebLG New Member

woh my god!! $230 canadian isnt that like .. the same as ozzie dollars? and the silver frame looks totally sweet! hook me up with one ... i like.

5. Jimboo

Jimboo Guest

i have rob on my msn, we talked about the frames yesterday, and unfortunately, they don´t seem to be able to ship them.. i live in sweden and i want one to! :( well have to go to poland ourselves :)

6. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Damn...I had to re-read that...$230 Cad....whoa...is Deng in Canada now?

7. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Well Oicdn I live here in Poland for another 2 months and then I go back to Canada.
    So I wanted a trials bike for here in Poland as I visite quite often to Poland. I wanted something cheap and I initially wanted to buy a used frame but this deal looked better to me.

I will have a fork that has an outward sweep on there most likely so the Wheelbase should be 1070-1080mm, and I hope that the stays feal shorter than they actually are as this seams to be the case with many Polish frames. Anyway it should be a nice ride, especially for the price, which includes shipping to my city BTW.

I will ask all the people I know if they have digi camera's to get you guys pick of my riding and the bike.

There is another version that costs a little more money which has an extra weld peice at the seat tube area which increases stiffness of the stays.
    The bike is basically costom, I picked everything on the bike except the basic geo.

Got anymore Q's abou them I can help, if not comments are welcome.

8. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

how much does it weigh? looks pretty nice

9. B1105

B1105 New Member

So you can't get these in the US?

10. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

I actually have no idea what it weighs no one ever told me this and I could care less to ask!! As long as it's super strong which is more important. But only time will tell.

No you can't get them in the USA or anywhere else for that matter unless you buy it here and bring it back yourself.

The thing is this is a poor Polish company that does no thave dealers in other countries or sends it anywhere for that matter.

Sorry guys only available if you get it here.

11. poutine

poutine Guest

looks like a bt and a pirahna so badly like elan stated.

Y in the flying hell do compagnys not but a copy right.????

12. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

takes forever to get a patent done up right. by the time a company got a patent done up their frame would be old hat. only time its worth it is oftne times on things like suspension linkage designs and crap like that. its kind of hard to copyright two triangles on a hardtail frame... or three seat tubes OMWGEEZ??!? :p

13. poutine

poutine Guest

Ah ok i get it.

Thanks for clearing that up.