photographer looking for work

Discussion in 'Mountain States' started by Evant, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Evant

Evant Guest

Hiya;

I'm looking for any ridders living in fort collins who would want to do some photo work sometime in the near future.

I'll be shooting on 35mm film B/W & C on a varity of speeds an makers, mostly Illford HP5 B/W on 400-3200 with some Fujifilm C 400-1600

2. Evant

Evant Guest

If your interested, leave a private message for me with a number I can reach you at. I like to make plans several days in advance but can shoot on short notice for the duration of this week. I'll check for any private messages around noonish every day

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

are you looking to be paid for these? Thats what "looking for work" sounds like...

4. Evant

Evant Guest

Nah; "looking for work" was just a title. No payment unless the rider in question wants to keep a set of prints for themselves, then I just want the proccessing fee's for additional sets of prints.

A case of beer, a handshake and pointers on my riding are all accepted forms of payment. Just note that all photographs taken are my expressed property and cannot be resold or distributed without my writen consent.

If the rider(s) can afford to throw me some greenbacks, then all is well and good. But not really expected. Because I'm shooting on a 35mm format the chances of any photo's being published is nil to zero. I would need a medium or large format camera for that sort of work.

5. Pancho

Pancho New Member

Actually slides are usually considered the best format for publishment, atleast in bike/climbing mags.

May I ask why you are shooting this stuff? Portfolio building? If so, it's typical to throw a case of beer or some form of payment to the rider, rather than the other way around. You get the shot, they get the beer.

6. Evant

Evant Guest

I just want the experiance, I work at my universities newspaper and my editor wanted me to pick up the slack on a few photo assignments lying around on his desk. I'm usually a reporter but now that I'm doing camera work I'm liking it a lot and wanted to try photographing some new things.

thanks for the tip on slides though.